Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anatoly
Employee
Employee

Test for new getting started guide - your help is needed

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to ask your help to test our new Getting started guide.

This is the guide for initial configuration of setup with two MHO-140 and some gateways.

Accordingly to our expectations, if you follow this guide (starting from page #8), you should be able to bring setup working at the basic level in less than 1 hour.

Please try it in your labs. PS colleagues – please try to use it next time you deploy at your customers.

Please DO NOT use your personal knowledge for shortcuts this time, it is critical for us to ensure this guide provide all required knowledge even for newbies.

Thank you for cooperation and please report about results and difficulties if any!

(1)
13 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

Nice guide, a few things you may wish to add:

1) Probably should add at least a reference to the the supported "mix and match" combos in the case someone is cobbling together a Maestro system from existing gateways instead of receiving them all at once in a new order

2) The cabling of the downlinks and uplinks (along with configuration of switches/routers attached to uplinks in regards to bonding/VLANs) is a major struggle for most customers and generates lots of TAC calls.  Pages 54-75 of the CCME R81.10 course integrates a lot of tips and cabling limitations I ran into when attempting to cable up my first Maestro stack; you may want to look through these pages for some extra detail to include.

Thanks!

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Anatoly
Employee
Employee

Hi Timothy,

Very appreciate your feedback. Regarding Mix and Match - it is included in full admin guide, but the aim of this getting started is to let people establish environment at basic level. The same reason - we do not explain here about VSX, for example. For more advanced features and settings we have admin guide.

But in any case, it would be nice if you will dry run this guide in your lab.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im learning about Maestro and guides like this one are fantastic! Thanls a lot @Anatoly 

0 Kudos
Anatoly
Employee
Employee

Thank you!!!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I did have a question @Anatoly , apologies if it may sound a bit silly, but I read somehwere that Maestro solution is strictly active-active, is that true? Is there no actual active-standby config like in regular cluster?

Andy

0 Kudos
Anatoly
Employee
Employee

Currently there's no Active/Active between sites, however gateways are Active/Active within the Active site

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah, kk...so gateways cant be active/standby?

0 Kudos
Anatoly
Employee
Employee

nope. It's Active / Active by design. That is all beauty of Maestro 😉

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Noted, thank you @Anatoly 🙂

0 Kudos
Juan_Carlos_Rom
Employee
Employee

Hi Anatoly,

My comments:

- I would include information about JHF installation (at least when we recommend to do it like before the SG configuration, etc.).

- I would move chapters like Hardware Components, Mounting in a Rack, etc, before "Getting Started with MHO-140" chapter.

- And the last, I would also include licensing information information for Maestro inside Getting started chapter.

Great doc!!

Best regards,

Juan Carlos.

0 Kudos
Anatoly
Employee
Employee

Hi Juan,

Regarding JHF - this is next step. The purpose of this document was to run system at basic level. JHF is not there as this is not mandatory step to let system run. Regarding license - the same.

About moving mounting to other place - we will consider

0 Kudos
Daniel_Szydelko
Collaborator
Collaborator

Hi Anatoly,

What about adding info from sk169732?

BR

Daniel

0 Kudos
Anatoly
Employee