Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starmen2000
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Maestro Management Port - 1 Gb Copper

Hi Mates,

One of our customers wants to implement a management port on MHO (leading to the management server) using a 1Gb Copper (SFP 1Gb). However, I am aware that SG is sending all logs over this port, and the management server also establishes control connections through it.

I have two questions:

1. Do you think there is a limitation if a 1Gb Copper port is used on MHO for management purposes?

2. If we use a 10Gb port as the management port on MHO, and the management server still has a 1Gb port available, does it make sense?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emmap
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which MHO and Gateways do you have?

For example with MHO170/175 this isn't possible.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
starmen2000
Collaborator
Collaborator

MHO 140. I saw from one SK  that 1 Gb Port is possible on MHO. But I just wanted to know the limitations and also second issue, If we use a 10Gb port as the management port on MHO, and the management server still has a 1Gb port available, does it make sense?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

How many gateway appliances / how much traffic and which model are those?

It could work if needed for a transition period but doesn't seem like a good medium term solution, but again we are missing  many details.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
starmen2000
Collaborator
Collaborator

4 MHO-140 (Dual site) and total 4 Gateway Appliances (6200 Appliances) in a 1 SG. 

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

1G is fine.

0 Kudos
delToro1
Contributor

Hello mate, i would recomend you at least using a magg interface for the management (1 port of 1G on each orquestrator). In this way you will have full redundancy if you lose one orchestrator for any reason.

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_Gaia_AdminGuide/Topics-GAG/M...

BR!

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Check Point has finally started to sell new devices (19000 and 26000 family) with double on-board SYNC SFP ports and double on-board MGMT RJ45 ports. If there would be also MGMT ports as SFP capable to handle 10G (or more) SFPs, then it would be game changer for many customers.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Maestro Events