Participant

Maestro 140 not detecting Interfaces.

Maetro.png

0 Kudos
29 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What do you see in the "Orchestrator" menu/veiw?

Have you created a security group yet and connected to it's GAiA portal?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Orch1.pngOrch2.pngOverview.png

Hey, I have attached the Images which was requested. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What does the output of the following command show?

lldpctl

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Pavan09
Participant

Hey, i can see the same neighbour twice. I'am attaching the image.

Screenshot from 2023-05-07 14-06-01.png

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Your other thread conflicts with regards to the stated versions involved, image above states R80.20SP.

Can you please confirm which ISO bundle was used to install the components? 

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Maestro/Maestro-not-showing-Unassigned-Gateways/td-p/180029#M155...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Pavan09
Participant

Hey, i'am sorry for the confusion. 

So, in this thread i have upgraded the devices to check if it's a issue with firmware version.

Following are the updated Info.

1. Maestro ; 

MHO-1> show version os build
OS build 22

MHO-1> show version os kernel
OS kernel version 3.10.0-693cpx86_64

#fw ver -k

This is Check Point's software version R80.20 - Build 255 

Please let me know if any additional details required.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

"R80.20SP" was the initial release for the platform this device has not been upgraded.

Were the ISO files used the ones linked from sk173363?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Hi, i used the built-in major upgrade option to upgrade the application.

regards,

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Sound likely that the appliances weren't installed with the proper images. As is the Orchestrator (MHO140) is not reporting that it was upgraded.

TAC will be able to help confirm this but the version that you upgraded the gateway appliances from before might also be a clue, what was it?

If so they will each need to be reimaged and the issue shouldn't reoccur with the correct cabling.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Hi thanks for the reply,

as it’s not in production i can reset it or boot a new image which i have tried with MHO140 using the ISOmorphic tool. But we were unable to get to the BIOS of device to select boot device. 
It would be really helpful if you refer me to the images which do not have such issues so that i can perform fresh install.

Upon reading the administrative guide, they mentioned to hold ctrl+s to get to boot menu which i tried and did not happen. Is there a way to get to the boot menu to freshly install ISO file? 

regards,

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Personally I would focus on the Gateway appliances to start as those are more commonly the ones to have a different image present.

Then if needed you can return the MHO to factory defaults / engage TAC etc.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Hey, thanks for the guidance, but is there is any way to get into BIOS of these devices ? that would be really helpful.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Typically, only under the direction of TAC via a support request:

https://help.checkpoint.com/ 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi,

An experience from my past: MHO140 does not recognise copper SFPs, until I don't reboot it.

A

0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Hi, thanks for the response. Matter of fact i have rebooted it atleast 5-6 times. And the module is from checkpoint itself.

regards,

0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Screenshot from 2023-05-09 10-50-24.png

Hi, when i check lldpneigbours on gateway device, the Switch/Bridge is disable. Could this be a reason for device not showing the interfaces ? also CLI commands to enable it would be helpful.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Can you please share the output of "show version all" from this appliance "SW-3"?

Also in /var/log/ on the same machine do you see a log file named: "silent_install"

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Screenshot from 2023-05-09 15-04-02.png

Hi Chris, i have attached the output as requested.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Apologies, I had edited my prior post "show version all" is the preferred command here. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Screenshot from 2023-05-09 15-20-53.png

Hi, PFA.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Since Nov 2021 - Take/build 338 is what we would expect to see for Maestro installations.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

Your orchestrator cannot see any gateways running the correct SP software releases on its downlink ports, so it is not initialising itself. I suggest you:

- Follow the R81.10 (or R81.20) Maestro Admin Guide to upgrade the orchestrator to one of those versions. Please closely follow the instructions in regards to installing the correct JHF before the version upgrade, and the MHO specific deployment agent (NOT the GA one) after the upgrade. Once the deployment agent is updated, install the latest recommended JHF for the new version.

- Clean install the same SP version of code (not the regular GA release) on the gateways.

Then you'll be able to continue setting up the system.

0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Hi, thanks for the reply emmap. I have downloaded the device specific ISO file and tried installing it,but during the installation process i'm shown an error " Failed to install smo RPMs" which is aborting the ISO install. Any way that i can get over this issue?

Regards,

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

What gateway appliance models are you trying to install it on, and which ISO are you using?

0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Hi, My gateway appliance are 3x 6900 with R81.10SP and Maestro 140 Series.

Regards,

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

Please provide more information about the process you're following - which appliances, what files, how are you doing it, all of that.

0 Kudos
Pavan09
Participant

Hi, 

i was running the 80.20SP on the Maestro and upgraded it to 81.20, 

1. Download and install Deployment Agent.

2. Download the offline version of JFH Take 334 and install.

3. Download and install CPUSE.

3. Download and install the 81.20 Major version from the in-built Upgrade manager.

Regards.

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

OK, it sounds like you installed the GA version of the deployment agent. I suggest you reset the MHO appliance back to factory defaults and start again. Please closely follow the instructions in the R81.20SP SK and admin guide.

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk177624

0 Kudos
frankcar
Contributor

install DeploymentAgent_000000022.tgz on the MHO that should fix the upgrade fixed mine I kept getting : /mnt/fcd/opt/CPsmo-R81.20/scripts/install_smo_rpms /mnt/fcd during install and it fails.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Maestro Events