cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T_L
Contributor
Jump to solution

Local Mgmt/ Console Connection Issues - MHO-175

Good Evening - I am having a weird issue with our new MHO-175's - I am unable to connect to the WEB UI on any of them.  They are all new out of the box - powered on successfully - all lights green.  This is a 'first connection'. We do not have any other cables connected to the MHO.

Connected directly to the MHO Mgt port  - Local machine is set to 192.168.1.2/24 and i can ping the default 192.168.1.1.  I cannot get a successful connection with any browser - https://192.168.1.1. 

Tried MHO reloads,  multiple cables, 3-4 different browsers (removed all security settings, allowed pop-ups, etc), local machine reloads, disabled local firewall, changed local IP to a few different ones in the /24 range,

We also cannot connect to the console port locally - we make a successful serial connection - and it prompts us for the username - and then immediately tells us 'Permission Denied'.

The shipping boxes indicate they are running R81.10SP.

The fact that we cannot connect to any of them tells me it is on my side - but this is all standard set-up stuff and we have no other issues connecting to any of our other GWs, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
emmap
Employee
Employee

Please reboot while you have the console active and get to the boot menu (press the any key when prompted). There'll be a 'restore to factory defaults' option there, give that a go. If that fails or you can't get to the boot menu for whatever reason, please raise a TAC case for further troubleshooting or possible RMA.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
delToro1
Contributor

I got the same problem with that model, MHO-175 and after I did that @emmap says, all worked again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
emmap
Employee
Employee

Please reboot while you have the console active and get to the boot menu (press the any key when prompted). There'll be a 'restore to factory defaults' option there, give that a go. If that fails or you can't get to the boot menu for whatever reason, please raise a TAC case for further troubleshooting or possible RMA.

0 Kudos
delToro1
Contributor

I got the same problem with that model, MHO-175 and after I did that @emmap says, all worked again.

0 Kudos
T_L
Contributor

Thank you! Worked 100%

0 Kudos
T_L
Contributor

Worked like a charm. I am a little embarrassed to say I did not think of it! I actually tried rebooting with the console cable attached - just did not think to need a restore!

0 Kudos