cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skandshus
Advisor
Advisor

Dhcp server on vsx virtual system???

Hello everybody.. I’ve been testing a vsx setup and I have a few subnets in my production environment that rely on dhcp server.. since running a virtual system removes a lot of options in the physical gateway and there is no gui on a virtual system, does anybody know how to create a dhcp server on a particular interface/vlan on the virtual system? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

See sk79700 most likely you will need to explore DHCP relay.

Also not supported on Maestro per sk148074.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
skandshus
Advisor
Advisor

Well it states “yes” in the dhcp server box, bit part 5 is confising me.. doesnt make much sense to me

0 Kudos
Oliver_Fink
Advisor
Advisor

DHCP Relay works, we are using it with customers . As Chris states, you should use this instead of DHCP of the VS itself. DHCP only on VS0 does not make much sense for me, too.

0 Kudos
skandshus
Advisor
Advisor

So you’re actively using the physical gateways to serve dhcp? I though the whole point for the vsx system was to use the virtual system and leave the physical gateway as a simple physical gateway for the virtual systems, and not having them do anything in terms of providing any services to network devices.. like an esxi host doesn’t provide anything for windows 10 running in a virtual machine

0 Kudos
Oliver_Fink
Advisor
Advisor

We are using DHCP relay within the VSes. I do not see any sense in doing direct DHCP from VS0.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Looks like this is to be improved in R81.20 per comments here:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Product-Announcements/R81-20-EA-Program-Production/ba-p/135926

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Maestro Events