Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor
Jump to solution

Configuration file (/config/active) mismatch OSPF

Hi all,

On a 44K cluster with R80.20SP take 279 the configuration file check fails (asg diag verify 21) on the /config/active file on one of the SGM's. The files is a link to /config/db/initial.

On one SGM the file contains the following entry which is not in the /config/active files on the other SGM's.

routed:instance8:ospf2:instance:default:area:0.0.0.0:display_mode 0

I did a compare of the configuration of VS8 on all SGM's (show configuration in local mode) and they are all the same.

All is working fine and OSPF is working as it should, but I cannot find out where this entry is coming from.

I don't want to delete it from the /config/active file. I rather use a clish command to get this entry deleted.

Regards,

Martijn

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Hi All

I got this solved by using dbset (not dbedit).

#dbget routed:instance8:ospf2:instance:default:area:0.0.0.0:display_mode

#dbset routed:instance8:ospf2:instance:default:area:0.0.0.0:display_mode
#dbset :save

The verify with 'asg diag verify 21' is successful now

Regards
Martijn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect that db entry just reflects a default, which is why show config doesn't show a difference.
How it got there, I'm not sure.

dbedit (expert mode command) would be the way to delete the entry.

0 Kudos
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

How can dbedit (or GUI dbedit) be used to delete an entry in a configuration file? This is a tool for the database on the management, correct?

If the entry is a default which is not shown when running 'show configuration', I would like to know which default command puts such an entry in the configuration file.

I had a case open with support, but they could not tell me which clish command is responsible.

I am thinking of rebooting this SGM and see what happens. I hope it will get the configuration file from the SMO when booting. Maybe this will resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Hi All

I got this solved by using dbset (not dbedit).

#dbget routed:instance8:ospf2:instance:default:area:0.0.0.0:display_mode

#dbset routed:instance8:ospf2:instance:default:area:0.0.0.0:display_mode
#dbset :save

The verify with 'asg diag verify 21' is successful now

Regards
Martijn

0 Kudos