noamst
Employee
Employee

How to enable Two Factor Authentication in Infinity Portal

19 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Great post, as I saw its mandatory I believe starting in March 2024, so I did it in infinity portal and for support site. Mitosoft auth app needed on your phone : - )

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

Quick question: 
Does someone know what happens if you don't configure 2FA until 3-March? (Like.. if you forgot to enable it beforehand)
Does the Infinity Portal inform you upon login to first configure 2FA before we can continue using the service?

0 Kudos
noamst
Employee
Employee

Hi Tom

Yes, users who have not configured their 2FA by the March 3rd deadline will be forced to configure upon login.

Thanks

Noam

(1)
Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its definitely smart decision to do this, as more and more sites dont allow people to log in with only passwords.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Ben_Dunkley
Contributor

Argh... Well that's a fun change... an hour or so of ferreting around in the infinity portal trying to work out why 2fa has been forced on without our knowledge, and while the account settings still show it turned off...

And then finding that this thread is the most informative source about it... yay...

And then the feeling of intense joy finding two emails from Check Point about it that I had ignored as generic marketing spam...

😞

oops...

(But thanks for this thread - or else I'd still be scratching my head as to what had occurred!)

0 Kudos
noamst
Employee
Employee

I am sorry you wasted time on this.

Yes, we sent a bunch of heads up emails, hoping to notify all relevant users.

Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think I saw one myself back in January.

Andy

0 Kudos
D_TK
Collaborator

No issues enabling 2FA.  Is there a way to increase the session timeout?  I've been living in the portal lately as we're doing a POC of one of the products and having to log back in a dozen + times a day is getting tedious - poked around the users and group tabs and couldn't find a way to increase the timeout.  thanks

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Only thing I found is below.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

D_TK
Collaborator

Thanks - it's set to 15 minutes for me.  I'll blast that up to six hours!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Lets hope it works!

Andy

0 Kudos
zhangchuang
Contributor

Hi Noamst,

Why do I open 2FA in Secure Platform and no dialog box in the video pops up? I am a newly enabled 2FA and this box does not pop up. How can I add my Token?

0 Kudos
noamst
Employee
Employee

Hi there

What do you mean by secure platform? is it not the Infinity Portal ?

Maybe add a screenshot ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
zhangchuang
Contributor

Hi Noamst,

As the video shows, when I click Open, there is no dialog box with the QR code.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

What if you try a different browser? Any difference?

This is what should pop up.

Best,

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
zhangchuang
Contributor

Hi there,

I have changed a different browser, there is a pop-up: Once activated, every login to the Infinity Portal will require the use of a 2FA token. "This prompts, but does not pop up the steps below.procedure.jpg

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Maybe if you call Account services, they can check if all is okay with your account. Not sure why you dont get the right prompt...

Andy

0 Kudos
Ben_Dunkley
Contributor

I did a fair amount of tinkering with the infinity portal 2fa a few weeks ago, and this looks a lot like it is not popping up the enrolment dialog box because the system sees the account as already enrolled.

i.e. That toggle just activates/deactivates the 2FA configuration that is already set up.

To reset 2FA, go to the Users management page, there's a 'Reset 2FA' button:

cp_2fa.png

Once 2FA is reset, you can re-enable it and it will re-do the enrolment process, if I remember correctly.

For more information, see the section at the bottom titled "To reset 2FA for a user of the Infinity Portal account" at https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Infinity-Portal-Admin-Guide/C...

(Note that only a Primary Administrator account can reset 2FA).

Edit: This also handily indicates if 2FA is set up on an account - if the "Reset 2FA" button is greyed out when you select a user from the list, then 2FA hasn't been enrolled for that user.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events