cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masood_ahmad
Participant
Jump to solution

Poliy Installaton Failed

Hi, I have setup home lab on VMware running GaIA R80.10. Once I publish policy, and try to install it I get error message "Policy Installation Cancelled". I have only 1 Gateway Cluster member turned on just to see if memory / CPU is causing this issue. Can someone please help. I have attached Screenshot with error message.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Lack of connectivity will generally cause issues Smiley Happy

Glad you got it resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Masood_ahmad
Participant

Hi, Can someone please assist with "Policy Installation Cancelled" message which i get soon I try to push / install policy on cluster member?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

By default, you cannot install policy unless BOTH members can receive it.

There is an option presented during policy installation disable that requirement.

0 Kudos
Masood_ahmad
Participant

Hi Dameon, thanks for your reply. I have installed evaluation license CPSG-CPSM-EVAL from CheckPoint SE so wondering if this would work on Cluster members?

I have push evaluation license on SMS and A-GW01. I tried to change IP address on license  for my A-GW02 but partner portal does not allow me.  So wondering if I need to push license on both cluster members to successfully install policy?

Cheers

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes that license will work.

While you cannot change the IP address on a license, you can request your own in User Center.

It's under Try Our Products > Product Evaluation.

0 Kudos
Masood_ahmad
Participant

Hi Dameon,

I have re installed license via SmartUpdate and for some reason getting error as attached. Both Gateway members are up as per CLI. Perhaps due to licensing issue I dont see Gateway 2 in SmartConsole.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

cplic print output from both gateways and your manager would also be useful.

Possible you may need to reset SIC on the secondary member, which you can do from cpconfig via the CLI.

0 Kudos
Masood_ahmad
Participant

Hi Dameon,

Thanks for your help. i had  a look and noticed VMWare interfaces got reset for some reason. all of the interfaces in Vmwa were unassigned. After assigning interfaces to respective Vlans, i managed to get gateway 2 up. So i guess link between SMS and Gateway 2 was broken due to network being disconnected between them

Also wrong license was attached to SMS so after attaching correct license to SMS and to gateway, i noticed licensing issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Lack of connectivity will generally cause issues Smiley Happy

Glad you got it resolved.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events