cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agust
Contributor
Jump to solution

maximum latency time in communication between management and firewalls

We are planning to migrate the management server to a different datacenter where it is currently installed together with the firewalls.
So the management and firewalls will be located in different datacenters that are geographically distant.
Therefore we would like to know if there is any limitation in terms of latency and packet loss rate, as there is for synchronization between nodes: 100ms latency and no more than 5% packet loss.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Management to firewall can be up to about a second of latency. That can cause problems managing firewalls over a satellite link, but that's about it. My memory is higher latencies can be tolerated, but they take some special config.

View solution in original post

(1)
2 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had case with TAC on this while back as customer asked me exact same question, but they told us it really depends on the ISP reliability and speed at the site where mgmt server is located, so there was no real set threshold, if you will. Not sure if that has changed recently, but you may want to get an official confirmation.

Lets see if anyone else has an idea.

Best,

Andy

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Management to firewall can be up to about a second of latency. That can cause problems managing firewalls over a satellite link, but that's about it. My memory is higher latencies can be tolerated, but they take some special config.

(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events