cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dahlinkj
Contributor
Jump to solution

What is the purpose of these licenses

What is the purpose of these licenses  and relevancy , do I need all of them or not ?

1. CPES-SS-STANDARD SUPPORT FOR SOFTWARE GATEWAY 
  2.  SOFTWARE FOR SYNC FEES 
  3. CPES-SS-STANDARD-ADD SUPPORT FOR APPLIANCE GATEWAY 
  4. CPSB-NGTP-4200-1Y ANNUITY BLADES
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's best to bring this up with your partner or your local Check Point office as we would need to see this in a much larger context to explain precisely why they are relevant in your particular case.
I will do my best to explain in general terms.

Note that none of these items are really "licenses" but contracts.
1 and 3 are fees related to support costs related to products that you have in your UserCenter account.
Specifically, they allow you to contact our TAC and receive updated product versions.
4 is the subscription related to software features (blades) that require access to our various signatures and/or our ThreatCloud to operate.
Without this, the related software features will not operate. 

While there are some exceptions, services are generally billed annually.
"Sync Fees" generally refer to the situation where you bought different products at different times of the year and we are aligning support of all the products you own to the same end date.
It's basically a pro-rated amount of the various support costs on those products.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's best to bring this up with your partner or your local Check Point office as we would need to see this in a much larger context to explain precisely why they are relevant in your particular case.
I will do my best to explain in general terms.

Note that none of these items are really "licenses" but contracts.
1 and 3 are fees related to support costs related to products that you have in your UserCenter account.
Specifically, they allow you to contact our TAC and receive updated product versions.
4 is the subscription related to software features (blades) that require access to our various signatures and/or our ThreatCloud to operate.
Without this, the related software features will not operate. 

While there are some exceptions, services are generally billed annually.
"Sync Fees" generally refer to the situation where you bought different products at different times of the year and we are aligning support of all the products you own to the same end date.
It's basically a pro-rated amount of the various support costs on those products.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events