Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WAI_KIT_LAO
Participant
Jump to solution

What is the function of upgrade partition?

Hello everyone, When I install gaia on open server, I need to configure partition.

There are some partitions in screen:

System-swap

System-root

Logs

Backup and upgrade

When I use lvm_manager to View LVM storage in expert mode, I realized the size of Backup and upgrade partition split to two partitions size:

free and upgrade.

I don't understand the function of upgrade partition and feel confused.

Is there anyone can tell me what is the function of upgrade partition?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

It is used throught Gaia upgrade process to create a temp boot volume, to simplify a revert in case of a failure

View solution in original post

4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

It is used throught Gaia upgrade process to create a temp boot volume, to simplify a revert in case of a failure

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

I believe it is also used to store snapshots (including the factory images) when using Check Point appliance hardware.

--
My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Too bad I can't mark both answers correct Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Pitt
Participant

This is a constant source of frustration to me with Open Servers

I don't use snapshots so it strikes me that when I am trying to maximise my Root partition (in an MDS) to support growing number of CMA's, I am having to allocate an even larger amount of expensive and short supply disk space to this unused space. 

Regards the temporary boot volume, ignoring snaphots, does this need to be larger than the current root partition? Could it not be an option during GAIA install to support an admin decision between essential upgrade disk space (thus disabling snapshot capability) and the full Backup and Upgrade capability?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events