cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickHoppe
Advisor

What is best practice when de-/installing multiple hotfixes

Hi,

I'm having a situation I need to install the latest Jumbo Hotfix Take on several Security Gateways that have an older JHF Take and an incompatible Hotfix. A new version of that Hotfix is supplied which can be installed on top of the latest Jumbo Hotfix.

I wonder what the quickest way or best practice is to do this via CPUSE.

Usually I would proceed like this.

- Deinstall hotfix

- Reboot

- Install new Jumbo Hotfix Take (old JHF take will automatically be deinstalled)

- Reboot

- Install new version of hotfix

- Reboot

But in this case I have quite a lot Security Gateways and it would save time if I could do it faster.

Would you advise it to do it like this? Or do you have a better suggestion?

- Deinstall hotfix, suppress reboot.

- Install new Jumbo Hotfix Take, suppress reboot (old JHF take will automatically be deinstalled).

- Install new version of hotfix

- Reboot

Regards,

Rick

My blog: https://checkpoint.engineer
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Surpressing reboots may result in issues when not everything is done untill the reboot.

Particularly with your scenario. I rather spend an extra 30 minutes now then having to spend a lot of time on odd issues later.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
RickHoppe
Advisor

Better safe than sorry. I totally agree.

I was recommended the second scenario by professionals though it did not came from Check Point TAC. If there is no other supported scenario to speed things up I just going to extend the maintenance window.

My blog: https://checkpoint.engineer
Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Yeah. It is better to spend little time with best practice than more time with strange issues.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events