Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prashan_Attanay
Collaborator
Jump to solution

What is CoreXL & SecureXL ? !

Hi Mates,

I'm trying to understand CoreXL and SecureXL.

1.   What is CoreXL and SecureXL ?

2.   Why are we using coreXL and SecureXL ? What are the use of those ?

BR

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion
9 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

It's not a topic you can cover here. But both provide means of improving firewall performance. SecureXL will accelerate packets from interface to interface for known traffic thus saving CPU usage and CoreXL adds ability to run multiple inspection cores concurrently. But that's very high level.

Probably the best is to read this SK "Best Practices - Security Gateway Performance" sk98348

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

you should definitely buy  Tim Hall Max Power book for having a better understanding of this two concepts related to firewall performance optimization , then there is atrg on the support center that can explain in deep those mechanism but with Tim book you can have real life implementations well explained 

0 Kudos
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In very brief terms:

• CoreXL: Technology that makes use of multiple processor cores
  • SecureXL: Connection acceleration technology (both throughput and connection establishment)

The linked information other people have provided have more detailed information.

jermsmit
Explorer

Can we get more info on what secure XL does vis hardware offload on 'other' routers and their network devices?
Also, why would secure xl (if this is what does it) rewrite network traffic?  I have had issue after issue with secure xl causing issues with mgcp and sip traffic.     Disabling secure xl resolves the issue.  However, CP Engineers are not able to provide me guidance other than "you need to look at this or that 'sk' and update to the latest 'take'."

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Version R80.10 or R80.20+ in regards to SecureXL?  It makes a big difference...

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

CoreXL and SecureXL will be two of the major topics in an upcoming TechTalk I will be hosting:

TechTalk: Performance Optimization with Tim Hall 

--
Second Edition of my "Max Power" Firewall Book
Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events