cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan_Vejling
Participant

Virtualbox lab - guest additions

Hi all

I fainaly got a Checkpoint lab up and running on Virtual labs, but now I need the abilty to copy/ paste between my study material and the virtual Gaia "Expert mode" Clish.  For that purpose I think I need the guest additions installed and i simply cannot figure out how to get this done, once i mounted the guest addition cd ion Virtualbox.

If anyone knows how to be able to use the clipboard between the Gaia and the "real world Pc" i would be so happy to learn it. 

If interested in how I finaly got a usefull lab up and running, just ask, if you are in need of info.

Hope to hear from you guys regarding my clipboard issue

Jan Vejling

Denmark

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I figured this out once before in esxi server...what is exact platform you are on?

Andy

0 Kudos
Jan_Vejling
Participant

Im not quite sure what you mean - I use Virtualbox "other Linux", and a default download of 81.10 Gaia.

JanV

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

0 Kudos
Jan_Vejling
Participant

Thank you sir - yes i tried the mentioned.

JanV

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Installing third party addons isn't supported for a variety of reasons.
Unless those addons are included in Gaia OS similar to the ones for VMware, your best bet is probably an RFE with your local Check Point office.
You might be able to install it manually using something like: https://linuxconfig.org/install-virtualbox-guest-additions-on-linux-guest
However, similar packages tend to have kernel dependencies we haven't included in Gaia OS.

0 Kudos
Jan_Vejling
Participant

Thank you sir!

I will have a look at the material.

JanV

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events