Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom_allen
Contributor

VPN Settings Issue

Hello, new guy to the product. On R80.20 I set my  setting for  VPN site under Deployment\Advanced Package settings\VPN but they never get pushed to the client. On the client when I select connect to VPN I get a pop up that says there are no sites configured and asks if I want to create one. Why is this setting not getting pushed to the client?

Thanks in advanced!!

Tom

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

Pre-configured settings only work for exported client packages, not for already deployed clients. 

0 Kudos
tom_allen
Contributor

So what would I have to do? Create another package with the settings and export?

0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

Exactly, then they will have it pre-setup

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Your messing up the Client 'Site'  and the Central 'Site', in SmartConsole you need to configure the Remote Access VPN Community to accept VPN Clients, you add your gateway here and you set how you want the authentication to be done.

On the client you add a ' Site' per VPN connection that you want to make, So when you have a GW in New York you want to add a Site called new York with the IP of the GW in New York, when you also have one in LA you add another Site for the LA Gateway.

The deployment tool allows you to pre-create those sites in the deployment package, once you created that you can install it on a Laptop and you will have the newly created sites.

I hope makes it a bit clearer?

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

I think you are messing things up, as he is talking about endpoint management.

0 Kudos
cmacioch
Explorer

Were you able to get this working and still having the problem?

Our enterprise is having a similar issue where we have the config file but it will just suddenly stop working. are you seeing this as well?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events