Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SantosJoao
Participant
Jump to solution

SmartDashboard connection cannot be initiated

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to raise a lab environment, the same is running on eve within a VMWare machine. I've installed R81 image, I can access Gaia portal and CLI without issues but when I try to use SmartConsole I receive this error:

image.png

I've already tried to do some actions found on another topics and SKs like reboot, remade the certificates, cpstop and start, api stop and start, etc but the issue continues. By the way, the device is a Security Gateway/manager 

Do you have any idea of what could be causing this behavior? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SantosJoao
Participant

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the delay on giving feedback. I've found out that the firewall that we use to access the EVE environment was blocking the ports used by SmartConsole, once I saw on the firewall logs confirming these blockage I've just allowed the ports and it's working now. Thank you all for the support 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

How much disk/RAM/CPU did you allocate to the VM?

0 Kudos
SantosJoao
Participant

It's using 80gb for the disk, 8gb for the ram and 4 cores to the CPU

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you run a tcpdump on the gateway to verify the client traffic is actually being received?
I'd start there before we go much further.

Please also specify exactly what image you attempted to install.

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

Are you sure you installed management on the box itself? Check with cpstat mg and with cpconfig -> Automatic start of Check Point Products

Also maybe policy blocks standard the SmartConsole access, try to remove policy: 

fw unloadlocal

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Some pointers...

run fwm ver from ssh to make sure it is indeed mgmt server

If it is, then run api status to confirm it shows successful

If its failing, run $FWDIR/scripts/./cpm_status.sh

If that does not show up and ready, run ./run_cpmdoc.sh from same directory and send us the results

CPM doctor will 100% tell us why this is failing

also, if you run cpwd_admin list and fwm is not showing E 1, then thats the reason why smart console does not work

Andy

0 Kudos
SantosJoao
Participant

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the delay on giving feedback. I've found out that the firewall that we use to access the EVE environment was blocking the ports used by SmartConsole, once I saw on the firewall logs confirming these blockage I've just allowed the ports and it's working now. Thank you all for the support 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good job! 👍

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events