Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KostasGR
Advisor
Jump to solution

RSS feed for checkpoint.com is not working any more

Hello community

The below RSS feed for checkpoint.com is not working any more.

BR,
Kostas
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Oooookay, I have the official answer.

• The old RSS feed for the primary secureknowledge engine is obsolete.
  • US mirror is still working but will be eventually discontinued later this year.
  • New RSS feed for support.checkpoint.com will come before the end of the year. 

View solution in original post

47 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Since the support / SecureKnouledge site is moved to the new URL, support.checkpoint.com, RSS feeds for SecureKnowledge are no longer available. 

0 Kudos
KostasGR
Advisor

Hello @_Val_ 

So, we can't have the same functionality? It was very useful for us to find the new sk.

BR,

Kostas

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

It is a legacy URL, and from what I see, there are no updates in it since a while. Am I missing anything?

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

rss.JPG

0 Kudos
Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

Mine is definitely still working - last update less than an hour ago:

RSS.JPG

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Interesting. I need to check with the relevant team then. Mine was disconnected a couple of months below. 

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

I think you got banned 😃

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Apparently, the .us. link works for us, still. Checking with the relevant team about their plans, will update once they answered.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Oooookay, I have the official answer.

• The old RSS feed for the primary secureknowledge engine is obsolete.
  • US mirror is still working but will be eventually discontinued later this year.
  • New RSS feed for support.checkpoint.com will come before the end of the year. 
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

The only working US RSS feed mirror https://supportcenter.us.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/secureKnowledgeRss stopped working since 22.10.2023 due to expired certificate. Do we need to wait till at least 2024 to get secureknowledge RSS feed working again ?

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Subject: supportcenter.checkpoint.com

Issuer: DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1

Expires on: Oct 22, 2023

Current date: Oct 24, 2023

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

This should definitely be prioritized to fix. I often find very valubable SKs from this feed.

Often knowing of issues before our diamond engineer

/Henrik

HakanUnsal
Explorer

Still not fixed 😞

0 Kudos
Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

The us mirror is working again - rejoice!

CheckPointerXL
Advisor

US feed died today....now? Any working link? It's very important..

_Val_
Admin
Admin

RSS feeds are not supported with the new platform, and there are no plans to reintroduce them. Sorry.

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

I am, to say the least, saddened by this choice. in addition to going against the trend of any other vendor and any other logic, this choice prevents us system engineers from having a prompt resolution on the field all those times that we are aware of some SK read previously. absurd.

Lesley
Advisor

I don't get the fuss. If SK's you need then check support center right? If you want to see new SK's or updated SK's just sort on date. 

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
(1)
Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

Wow, what a slap in the face to the community.

This totally removes the transparancy that has been there for a long time. The feed really contributed to incident response, skill level in the department and really should be present. 

please reverse on this decission. 

regards,

Henrik

(1)
Nik_Bloemers
Advisor
Advisor

I'm totally in agreement with this. Please bring it back!

Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

I think this is one of the points of this community - to listen to the needs of the people on the ground who support and sell Check Point solutions in a very competitive marketplace.  The RSS feed is (was) a fantastic way to keep up to date on security notifications, Jumbo releases, new SK's etc. 

Would be great if we can get that back or alternatively provide the same outcome without needing to log into support etc.

0 Kudos
(1)
Lesley
Advisor

Here are what I think the alternatives. 

RSS feed for updates on Jumbo takes:

For R81.20
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Jumbo_HFA/R81.20/R81.20/Introduction.htm?tocpath=_____1

For R81.10
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Jumbo_HFA/R81.10/R81.10/Introduction.htm?tocpath=_____1

To receive email updates on changes in Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator (new Takes released, Takes moved to General Availability and other important changes), follow the steps below:

Install and configure an RSS extension for your web browser.

Open the relevant Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator document.

On the top toolbar of any page, click the "RSS Feed" button (rightmost button):

Your RSS extension should take over and show an option to subscribe to this RSS feed.

Note - For any issues with your RSS extension and RSS subscription, contact the vendor of that RSS extension.

------------

Check Point services status:
https://status.checkpoint.com/#

Click on subscribe for updats 
-------

Security Advisories subscription (For IPS blade)
https://advisories.checkpoint.com/defense/advisories/public/sdnews/

-------
0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

Lesley, we are aware on how to stay updated with JHF releases and security alerts.

We absoluteley NEED to stay in touch with new SKs and updated SKs.

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

That is not true if I read the comments. If you read you see that people also need it for Jumbo's and IPS.

If you want to keep in touch, use the usercenter. Instead of having the info in the mailbox it is now in the usercenter. 

Same info is there what you get in the mail. 

-------
0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

Absolutely no sense.

Lot of people using RSS feeds aggregator, not only mail. User experience and access to information is totally different

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

No sense? I give good alternatives that other people might can use and happy about. If you don't want it don't use it. 

For now I only see complains and no good explanation what you miss. Only that it is 'different'. So I suggest put some more effort in the comments you give. 

-------
0 Kudos
(1)
Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

Lesley, rss feeds are product agnostic, and can be used i automation and tooling. 
login manually with a browser changing paramaters fulfill none of these qualities. 

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

Only reply is to give my reply 1 star? 🤣

Talking about low effort.

-------
0 Kudos
(1)
Lesley
Advisor

No reply anymore? I mean you have kicked this topic from 2023. So I expect you also to reply. 

-------
0 Kudos
(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events