cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_Jennings
Explorer
Jump to solution

R80 CCSA/CCSE training material and exams

When will R80 CCSA/CCSE training material and exams be available?

I need to do the CCSA/CCSE courses, and would like to know when the R80 version may be available so I can decide on whether to wait for the R80 version or go ahead now.

How/when have Checkpoint released training material in the past? Is it usually before / with / soon after / a long time after the product release?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ATC_Email_Alias
Employee
Employee

Once the R80 management product is released, our courseware developers will be 100% focused to finalize the CCSA training material.  The target release for R80 CCSA to the Check Point ATC (Authorized Training Center) partners is late Q2.  {Many factors are involved with releasing the training material, therefore we cannot provide a specific date of release}  The ATC partners will need time to set-up classrooms, labs, etc., then they will offer training courses to the public. 

As Oliver mentioned, there is a pre-conference training session for the R80 management scheduled at CPX.  It cost $200 in addition to the CPX conference fee.

It is an exciting time!

Toni Ponder

Manager, Training Programs and Certification | Education Services 
Check Point Software Technologies

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RickLin
Advisor
Advisor

Maybe CheckPoint ATC will release CCSA R80 training material and class at 2016 Q2 end.

0 Kudos
Oliver_Klabisch
Explorer

First Trainings will be available during CPX:

CPX 2016 Training | Check Point Software Technologies

Maybe you should also ask your Question on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CheckPointEducation

0 Kudos
ATC_Email_Alias
Employee
Employee

Once the R80 management product is released, our courseware developers will be 100% focused to finalize the CCSA training material.  The target release for R80 CCSA to the Check Point ATC (Authorized Training Center) partners is late Q2.  {Many factors are involved with releasing the training material, therefore we cannot provide a specific date of release}  The ATC partners will need time to set-up classrooms, labs, etc., then they will offer training courses to the public. 

As Oliver mentioned, there is a pre-conference training session for the R80 management scheduled at CPX.  It cost $200 in addition to the CPX conference fee.

It is an exciting time!

Toni Ponder

Manager, Training Programs and Certification | Education Services 
Check Point Software Technologies

Robert_Mueller
Collaborator

Hi - One question - does it make sense to learn for the R77.30 CCSE exam or wait and lear for the R80 certification path??

Br

Robert

0 Kudos
Rutger_Truyers
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Robert,

I think if you don't have the experience yet both would be good to learn.

As in the next year you'll definitely will have customers with both R77.x and R80.x.

Greetings.

0 Kudos
Robert_Mueller
Collaborator

HI - Thx - it will be only for our own CheckPoint Cluster.. and we plan to upgrade after when R80.10 will be release - so after then we wil only have R80.x systems..

0 Kudos
Not applicable

HI

I have CCSA R77.30. I believe R80 will be a new certification path and I will not be able to go for CCSE R80. Is that right?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events