Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twillsec
Participant
Jump to solution

PDP Gateway not sharing with New PEP Gateway

Hello,

We have an existing PDP gateway (R81.10 Take 110) that is configured to share identities with other gateways.  We stood up a new gateway (R81.20 Take 26) and followed the Identity Sharing Configuration Procedure to configure receiving identities.

On the new PEP gateway, running "pep show pdp all" shows the PDP gateway configured to share.

When I look at the connections table on the PDP gateway (pdp connections pep) I do not see the new PEP gateway.  I do see the other/existing gateways that identities are being shared with.

Is there a step needed to get the PDP gateway to initiate the connection to the PEP gateway?  We have tried pdp control sync, but that has not helped.  Does the policy need to be pushed to the PDP gateway even though there has been no change to it? (It was already configured to share identities)

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Push policy on pdp.

and now to something completely different - CCVS, CCAS, CCTE, CCCS, CCSM elite

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Push policy on pdp.

twillsec
Participant

That did the trick, thanks!

0 Kudos
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Sorry for my short answer. Addition: When you configure access roles for IA and assign them on a PEP, you should always push the policy on the PDP as well.

0 Kudos
twillsec
Participant

Anything guidance for SmartPull?  Our other PEPs are getting identities via Push which is working fine, but this new PEP configured with SmartPull but I am only seeing a few identities.  I have read about a support ticket being required to switch from SmartPull to Push, but curious if there was something missing to get SmartPull to work as expected.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Have you tried pdp update all?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events