cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malik1
Contributor

NAT Problem

Hi Experts ,

We have a problem where we have print servers hosted on the cloud that have public IP's and users/printers in the LAN have IP addresses from RFC1918 . 

When a user wants to print something, from a specific print (let's say the printer next to him) he selects the printer and clicks prints. This sends the request to the print servers hosted in the cloud and we have source nat (hide nat with 1 NAT IP) for this communication. ONce the request reaches the print servers it connect with the desired printer 

The print server will connect to the desired printer on its static IP that is mentioned on the print server but in this case, we have a printer in RFC1918 range .

From cloud, the print server needs to connect to public IP's . To achieve this we will have to do static NAT for all the printers. 

The issue is we have around 1500 printers and static 1-to-1 NAT is hectic. is there any other way to achieve this? 

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tobias_Moritz
Advisor

Print server in cloud but printers are not "cloud enabled" by printer vendor? When I say "cloud enabled", I mean something like printers either polling a cloud service for jobs or subscribing for jobs in a pending open tcp connection.

In that case, you could e.g. establish a S2S-VPN from that cloud to your on premise infrastructure and route that RfC1918 networks that way or expose the printers to Internet using a loadbalancer or reverse proxy (haproxy, traefik, nginx, apache, etc.) when using IPP (using SNI-based backend-routing).

I'm sure, there are even more options.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events