cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D_TK
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Management upgrade to 81.20 verifier error

Hi everyone.  Ran the upgrade verifier on my 81.10 management server for 81.20 blink upgrade package and receiving an error that there isn't enough "un-partitioned" space for the upgrade - will attach a screenshot.  

Not really sure what is being referenced by "un-partitioned" - in the past i would just have to remove a snapshot and would have enough for any upgrades.  Any way to move around space, or am i forced into a build new vm and migrate?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emmap
Employee
Employee

Yes, this.

The way the upgrade works is that it makes a new root partition the same size as your existing one, boots up to it, then copies all the configuration over from old to new. The old root partition is retain as the 'AutoSnapshot' you can roll back to if required. Hence you need as much unallocated space as your root partition has for total size in order to in-place upgrade a system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Personally, makes zero sense to me why you get that error, honestly. Based on df -h output, you have WAYYY more space than whats actually required to upgrade to R81.20. Can you maybe double check if you have any snapshots on the appliance and if so, can it be deleted?

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Your root filesystem (lv_current) is 100GB.
That is what will be required for snapshots.
You might be able to add additional (unallocated) space to the relevant volume in VMware, but not 100% sure that will work.

emmap
Employee
Employee

Yes, this.

The way the upgrade works is that it makes a new root partition the same size as your existing one, boots up to it, then copies all the configuration over from old to new. The old root partition is retain as the 'AutoSnapshot' you can roll back to if required. Hence you need as much unallocated space as your root partition has for total size in order to in-place upgrade a system.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I can tell you that every time in the past when customers wanted to roll back and we ended up calling TAC for help, no one could help us, so Im not real sure how you would even go back once fw is upgraded to new version. Only time I ever saw process "work" was when there was an issue during upgrade, so it would simply roll back to old version, but never once device is upgraded.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events