Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sysad1929
Explorer

Management IP address after factory reset

Anyone experienced in factory resetting R80.20 to default by both pressing factory button and/or via boot menu but it did not revert admin password to default?    Tried factory reset for 5 times but still not luck.  Keeps saying Invalid login.  

I can try boot from USB but weird that this happened.  Performed factory reset in a same model 3200 but different device and it works fine.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

My guess is there's some issue with the factory reset image.
Additional Troubleshooting would be required to determine this, but its probably quicker to just reimage with a USB drive, which should fix the factory image also.
0 Kudos
sysad1929
Explorer

I’ll give USB a go. Hopefully this fixes it
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I am surprised pressing factory reset event works on 3200 🙂

Anyhow, it is supposed to revert the system to the default snapshot image. In your case, on one appliance someone made another snapshot white the default name, which overwrote the factory image. If I remember correctly, the default name is something like Gayia_RXX.XX

0 Kudos
Caesar
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Assuming appliance was installed with ISOmorphic utility and initial configuration (Host name, IP and Credentials) done via this utility. When restoring the appliance to factory defaults, the initial configuration parameters supplied to Isomorphic utility (Hostname, Admin password, IP address, Default gateway) will be used as default values. 

Please refer to SK65205

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events