cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dilian_Chernev
Collaborator

Is the NAT hitcount works in R81?

Hello ,

I have upgraded MGMT and GW from R80.40 to R81 few weeks ago and wanted to see if hitcount in NAT rules is working, but there are only '0'

Screenshot 2021-08-03 135041.png

Tried to disable/enable hitcount in General properties, but result is the same.

Is there some magic to be done to enable NAT hitcount ? (Access role hitcount is working properly)

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The hit counts are tracked on the gateway itself (they are not the result of log analysis on the SMS/Log Server) and the NAT hit counter function was added in version R81, so unless the gateway itself has been upgraded to R81+ as well I'm pretty sure those hit counts will always be zero.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

My understanding is, the topic-starter's GW is already R81

0 Kudos
Dilian_Chernev
Collaborator

Yup, GW is R81 JHF29. Will try JHF 36 these days.

GW is upgraded, not clean install and I suppose some registry entrée or something should be set to true 🙂

0 Kudos
Paul_F
Contributor

We have this exact same problem.  Management server running R81.10 and gateways running the current recommeneded release of R81 with Jumbo HF Take 36.  The NAT hit counter worked for a few days, I thought this will be really useful feature, but then it stopped working and all NAT hit count values have been zero ever since, even after a right click and refresh.  Policy hit count rules are still working though.

Dilian_Chernev
Collaborator

Just to share a progress - I did a Advanced upgrade on the management from R81 to R81.10 on a new VM and suddenly the NAT hit count is available 🙂

And first hit shows a date from April 2021, when R80.40 to R81 upgrade was done.

nat-hit-count.png

So NAT hits have been collected since April, but not displayed in the SmartConsole somehow.

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

They work for me but I noticed values are refreshed only on policy install. Think that is by design.

(1)
dwainr
Explorer

Do you know why it was designed that way then? I only see hit counts after the policy install. I was really hoping to use this feature to monitor usage and potentially clean up unused rules.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes, it is by design. The other way is to right-click on the rule and choose "refresh"

0 Kudos
Aviad_Nissim
Employee
Employee

Hi 

We encountered similar cases before. 
We strongly suggest installing Take_44 is the latest R81 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator General Availability release that can be directly downloaded from Check Point Cloud using CPUSE and from this article:
https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

If the problem still occurs, please open a ticket to CheckPoint. 

Thanks

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events