Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manny799
Explorer
Jump to solution

Impact of Disconnecting Sync Interface of VSX Cluster (in maintenance window!)

Hi there,

We have a VSX cluster running r80.30 which consists of two members running VSLS, we are looking to add a third member in the future so need to move the single crossover cabled based sync interface to go via switches.

When we disconnect the sync interface (in a maintenance window), what impact should we expect to see? Would the Active VSs go to "Active Attention" and the Standby VSs go to state "Down"? Basically I need to know if there will be production impact to doing this (I don't _think_ there will!).

Thanks,

John M

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes, it should not cause failover, but the sync obvious will not work. To avoid any unnecessary disturbance, I would recommend pushing all activeV Ss on the same VSX physical before disconnecting sync, just in case. You can just run cpstop on one of the members to achieve that. 

In any case, announce service window with a short interruption, that helps covering unexpected issues. No interruptions should happen if everything is done correctly, though. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes, it should not cause failover, but the sync obvious will not work. To avoid any unnecessary disturbance, I would recommend pushing all activeV Ss on the same VSX physical before disconnecting sync, just in case. You can just run cpstop on one of the members to achieve that. 

In any case, announce service window with a short interruption, that helps covering unexpected issues. No interruptions should happen if everything is done correctly, though. 

manny799
Explorer

Thanks for confirming, that's pretty much as I expected 😊

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events