Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

How to Request an Evaluation License for Security Gateways and Management, Endpoint Security

A frequent question we see on CheckMates is how to request an evaluation license (or extend an existing one).
Note that when you install a Security Gateway or Security Management appliance/virtual machine, a 15-day Plug-n-Play evaluation license is already present.
For a factory defaulted SMB Appliance, the evaluation period is 30 days.

Anyone can request a 30-day evaluation license.
Your Check Point SE may be able to provide you with a longer-term evaluation or you can genera
This applies to the following products:

• Security Gateway
  • Security Management
  • Endpoint Management
  • Endpoint Security Products (including SandBlast Agent)
  • SMB Appliances (600/700/1100/1200R/1400/1500) with R77.20.70 or above firmware

Log into UserCenter and Select Try Our Products > Try Or Products > Product Evaluation:

You will be given some options:

In the majority of cases, the All-In-One Evaluation is what you will want to choose.
This will give you a 30-day license for the following on a Check Point Appliance or Virtual Machine:

• Security Management with Multi-Domain and all features enabled
  • Security Management with all Software Blades
  • Remote Access (VPN) for Unlimited Users
  • Endpoint Security Products/SandBlast Agent for 100 users (can apply additional CPEP-SBA eval licenses for additionnal users).

For SMB appliances with R77.20.70 and above firmware, the All-in-One Eval license will enable all features for 30 days.

Click Next.
Select the User Center Account to put the license in.
For IP Address, enter one of:

• The IP address of your Security Management Server.
  • For locally managed SMB appliances, use any IP that is assigned to the LAN or DMZ (not loopback). Only apply the Security Gateway portion of the license without a module name (e.g. cplic put 192.0.2.10 29Mar2023 dT...).

Select the reason for evaluation.
Click on Get Evaluation.

An evaluation license will be generated and instructions will be presented to you and also sent via email.

For SMB appliances:

• Generate a local license
  • The evaluation license can only be applied on the CLI in expert mode (e.g. via cplic put)
  • Only the gateway license string needs to be applied

If the Product Evaluation Page will not allow you to click Next, review the top of the screen:

This is basically telling you your account needs to be associated with a "customer." 
This can be done one of two ways:

• An existing customer adds you to their User Center account (useful for consultants and the like)
  • Create a new Customer, which you do by clicking on that Create Your First Account link in the above screen

Fill in company details:

After you hit submit, you will be associated with a new "customer."
You will then be able to request evaluation licenses as described above.

10 Replies
Harmesh_Yadav
Collaborator

Dear Team,

Actually i want to know if i will use evalution for CP Mangement server so in evolution period how many maximum gateway i can add ?

what will be limitation for it can you please let me know.

Harmesh Yadav
0 Kudos
Ben_Dunkley
Contributor

As Phoneboy said, the all-in-one eval license includes an unlimited management license, but it's worth adding that it only includes a single 8-core gateway license.

i.e. You may need additional licenses to cover the multiple gateways - so you may need to generate multiple eval licenses, one per gateway.

For example, you would probably most commonly see this if you're testing a cluster with separate management, in which case you would want to generate two eval licenses.

Ben

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I don't believe the eval license is limited in this regard.

0 Kudos
Adnan101
Explorer

Dear Sir, 

I am new to checkpoint products and want to work on checkpoint firewall appliance. Does it comes with all the license included for 15 days? 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Any Check Point new installation, appliance or otherwise comes with 15 day PnP license. Appliances also come with permanent license available at your user center.

0 Kudos
m-fahmiazlan7
Explorer

Hi,

Can I apply for my lab?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

yes

Young_Wook_Choi
Contributor

Dear Team,

How do I extend the endpoint trial license if I want to use it for more than 30 days?

Even if I enter the newly issued all-in-one trial license once again, the endpoint trial license expiration date is not updated.

Please refer to the attached screenshot.

image.png

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You need a new endpoint trial license, no all in one.

0 Kudos
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

I second Val's comment. Also note that you cannot extend EVAL licenses, but will need to get a new one for each 30 day period.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events