Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZP
Participant
Jump to solution

Edit Permission profile for CPMI & LEA

Hi All,

I have create an OPSEC application for Algosec in my Global domain. While perform "Reassign on Domain" there is an error saying the permission profile i created already exist. Hence i tried to rename the permission profile i created in the CPMI but i was unable to found it.

I check at Permission & Administrators > Permission Profiles but the permission profile I created is not there.

Can anyone advise me how to change the permission profile for this ?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZP
Participant

Just and update, I tried to access GuiDBedit and managed to find the profiles create in the CMA. There is sk115374 showing we can use below command to rename the profile.

dbedit> rename cp_administrators <current profile name> <new profile name>

😉😉

View solution in original post

11 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

How precisely was the permissions profile created in the first place?
@DeletedUser do you happen to have any idea here?

0 Kudos
DeletedUser
Not applicable

Looks like  you would be following a guide like this Algosec guide and on page 71. Did you do the publish before the "Reassign on Domain" step? And just to verify, the permission profile was configured in the global domain, yes? 

thanks,

bob

0 Kudos
ZP
Participant

@DeletedUser, Yes. I was following the Algosec guide. In page 70, it asked to select Permissions Profile. if there is no existing permission profile, we can create a new permission profile by click on New. In the Permissions Profile Properties dialog, enter a name for your new profile and select the required permissions.

I created this OPSEC application under Global Domain. Once application created, I did published. While doing the Reassign on Domain, that's where I saw the error where the permission object name was used before. That's where I wanted to modified the permission profile name but unable to find it.

0 Kudos
DeletedUser
Not applicable

The error says it exists already. You're not seeing it in the global MDS level. Is it possible it was created at the CMA level? 

0 Kudos
ZP
Participant

I have checked the CMA and notice there is an identical permission profile name created in CMA and used by another OPSEC. .

I was trying to find the location of permission profile which was created in OPSEC so I can edit and resolve this duplicated profile either in MDS or CMA.

However, I was unable to find any.

0 Kudos
DeletedUser
Not applicable

Would try resolving this by creating one with a different name at the global level. Then using this at the CMA level if you're able to assign to the domain. If this works, you could then delete the original one found at the CMA level. 

0 Kudos
ZP
Participant

I tried to create another permission profile at Global Domain called Algosec_ReadWrite_MDS. While perform Reassign on Domain, I still encounter failure as it shows "A blocking validation error was found: More than one object named Algosec_ReadWrite exist.

I checked the CMA and didnt see the lastest permission profile I created in Global Domain. Guess we need to fix/rename the existing permission profile either in CMA or MDS.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I have a feeling the object is "hidden."
You might try looking with GUIdbedit to see if you can find it that way.
You may want to get TAC assistance for this.

0 Kudos
ZP
Participant

Never try to use GUIdbedit before. I will open a case to get TAC assistance on this.

Thanks @PhoneBoy & @DeletedUser for the advise.

0 Kudos
ZP
Participant

Just and update, I tried to access GuiDBedit and managed to find the profiles create in the CMA. There is sk115374 showing we can use below command to rename the profile.

dbedit> rename cp_administrators <current profile name> <new profile name>

😉😉

ZP
Participant

@PhoneBoy, permission profile was created during OPSEC application creation. You may refer to the screenshot attached below.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events