Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

DHCP IP Helper on VSX

I am looking to migrate some L3 interfaces that live on my Nexus Core over to Check Point so I can begin logging / inspecting / controlling the traffic traversing those networks. Presently, there is an ip helper on some of these VLANs to relay DHCP back to a Windows Server on a different network. How can this be replicated in VSX? (These VS's are R77.30 if that matters.)

I found sk98810 which does a good job of explaining how to do it in GAIA, but I'm wondering if there are any gotchas replicating this inside VSX? When I tab complete the command on the vs0 context, I see the following:

set iphelper interface
(*) = Interface is not bound to the active virtual system, so it is not
configurable with routing protocols. Exclude * if used.

Mgmt Sync bond1 *bond1.3 *bond1.4 *bond1.5 *bond1.99

Is this indicating something needs to be done inside the actual VS context where the Interfaces in question reside?

Lastly, is there anything special that needs to be done on the access rule side? 

Thanks in advance!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
3 Replies
Feridun_ÖZTOK
Contributor

Hello Daniel,
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution in time?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Yes and no. We ran into other design issues that weren't Check Point related and held off on doing this work. However, 

sk97642 Scenario 1 sheds a little more light on specific VSX use cases and how to configure it. 

R80 CCSA / CCSE
Feridun_ÖZTOK
Contributor

Daniel,
Thank you buddy.
The client is taking IP address slowly but it is running.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events