cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itamar_Kerbel
Explorer

Block Facebook Gameroom

Hi,

I'm trying to block users on my network from using facebook gameroom.

I have the 730 firewall.

After failing a few time I noticed that the gameroom windows application is just a wrapper for a browser that runs flash games from facebook.com

this makes things problematic as the only way I find at the moment to block facebook gameroom is to block all of facebook.com

from checking logs I can see that the application connects the ip of facebook in https (443).

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Have you tried specifying the Facebook Games category from Application Control blade?

Filtered applications

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Actually, if your 730 is a standalone WebUI only appliance, you should try blocking "Other undesired applications" and include the "Facebook Games" in there:

WebUI application selection

0 Kudos
Itamar_Kerbel
Explorer

Yes I tried this but it does not help.

I don't use Facebook personally so I think Facebook Games means something else.

Facebook gameroom seems like an internet explorer wrapper that connects to facebook.com

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's possible this application will require SSL Inspection to detect properly, something the 700s can't currently do but is planned for the near future.

I also don't see this application in Appwiki, so it may not be something we currently detect.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Is it possible to allow a subset of the composite service, i.e. "Facebook Messenger" and deny any other service from same without SSL inspection capabilities or the app defined in app wiki?

Since SMB appliances are capable of differentiating at least some of these services, this should (theoretically) work.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events