cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PedroPereira
Explorer

Windows apps slower after updating to endpoint security E86.01.1005

Hello, 

I had a client with some problems that were fixed in the version E86.01.1005, so I downloaded the recommended version (86.01.1005) from the Harmony endpoint Cloud and push to all the computers. 

Now I'm getting a lot of complains about applications taking more time than usual to process actions. 

One of those users uninstall the endpoint and the slowness gone away. 

Is there anything I can do? Downgrade or fix this? 300 hosts were updated with this new version, so unintall it and install it back doesn't seem a good approach 

(1)
10 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What troubleshooting has been performed, are you working on this with TAC in parallel?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
(1)
PedroPereira
Explorer

No, I'm still trying to solve it myself. 

Anyway I could downgrade the version?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@jcortez made very good point actually. I had seen lots of people on E86.20 and it seems very stable and reliable, so if you can upgrade to that version, Im sure performance would improve.

0 Kudos
Hrvoje_Brlek
Collaborator

Why is then the version 86.01 in the Recommended status, if there are some possible issues with it@jcortez 

We are currently preparing an upgrade to Win10 21H2 in our environment, and already have an upgrade package being tested with 86.01 (as from 86.00 is 21H2 officially supported), which is intended to be deployed on around 2500 laptops...

Any news that some newer version is getting the Recommended status?

0 Kudos
jcortez
Employee
Employee

@Hrvoje_Brlek,

It is the current recommended client since our next recommended client, E86.25, has not released yet. Scheduled to release in the next week.

Justin Cortez
Technology Leader | Endpoint Cyber Security Products | Americas Endpoint Team
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would suggest you get in touch with TAC, that seems like pretty serious issue, specially given the fact so many computers are impacted.

jcortez
Employee
Employee

@PedroPereira 

We do not support downgrading our client. If you are wanting to go back to a previous version of our client prior to E86.01, you would have to completely uninstall our client and then install the previous version you want to go back to. Our client can only be upgraded to newer client version and not downgraded.

Also, I would suggest upgrading the client from E86.01 to E86.20 and see if you have the same issue. If you continue to have the same issue, please open a SR/Case with out TAC Endpoint Team.

Justin Cortez
Technology Leader | Endpoint Cyber Security Products | Americas Endpoint Team
alonai
Employee
Employee

Hi Pedro,

Did you already spoke with someone in TAC about it ?

can you please share some details, 

can you share which apps showed this behavior and from which client did you upgrade to 86.01 ?

grojas123
Explorer

All my App of windows showed a slow performance when I installed the Version of E86.

Do you have any idea how solve this?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Note that many E86 versions are End of Life.
E86.70 is End of Support in April 2024, E86.80 is supported until May 2025.
Recommended you try a newer version.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events