Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magnenetwork
Participant
Jump to solution

Uninstall CheckPoint Endpoint Security with Intune

Hi,

I've deployed CheckPoint Endpoint Security a while ago with Intune, and now I need to update the software to a newer version with Intune again. When you manually remove the software from a computer, you get asked to fill in a password. How does Intune bypass the following password prompt to uninstall/re-install the software?  Do I have to uninstall it from the CheckPoint Infinity Portal instead of pushing from intune, and then re-deploy new packages again from Intune? Perhaps I should do everything from the  CheckPoint Infinity Portal.

I've tried the "Uninstall" option under the deployment app group in Azure and selected the group(s) to Exclude and pushed, but no update to be seen on the client side on a computer I'm testing on. 

When i run the MsiExec.exe /X {xxx} string, I also get prompted for password.
If I can get guided to any documentation, that'd be great!

Thanks for any assistance!

Br
Magne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RS_Daniel
Advisor

Hi,

If you need to update i do not see any need to uninstall the endpoints. You just need to go the deployment rules and change the agent version, all your endpoints on that rule will receive the instruction to update and will attempt to download/install the new version from the cloud.

If you want to uninstall the agent remotely with msiexec you need the uninstall password mandatory and must consider the XXX string is specific for each EPS.msi installer. You will need the .msi files you used to install the agents and use a different msiexec command for each installer. For example:

msiexec /x {XXX-1} /qn /norestart UNINST_PASSWORD="uninstall_password"

msiexec /x {XXX-2} /qn /norestart UNINST_PASSWORD="uninstall_password"

That will uninstall the agent without any message to the customer in silent mode.  But if you have a cloud based endpoint management, i would use push operations to uninstall the agents. 

Sin título1.jpg

I would recommend to do the upgrade/uninstall tasks from the infinity portal.

You can check the admin guide also:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Harmony-Endpoint-Admin-Guide/...

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Endpoint Security package has its own client uninstall password. You need to consult with your security administrator to know what it is. 

0 Kudos
Magnenetwork
Participant

Hi @_Val_ 

I have the uninstall password, but I still doesn't understand how to do it from Intune.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Use a local uninstaller with a password.

0 Kudos
RS_Daniel
Advisor

Hi,

If you need to update i do not see any need to uninstall the endpoints. You just need to go the deployment rules and change the agent version, all your endpoints on that rule will receive the instruction to update and will attempt to download/install the new version from the cloud.

If you want to uninstall the agent remotely with msiexec you need the uninstall password mandatory and must consider the XXX string is specific for each EPS.msi installer. You will need the .msi files you used to install the agents and use a different msiexec command for each installer. For example:

msiexec /x {XXX-1} /qn /norestart UNINST_PASSWORD="uninstall_password"

msiexec /x {XXX-2} /qn /norestart UNINST_PASSWORD="uninstall_password"

That will uninstall the agent without any message to the customer in silent mode.  But if you have a cloud based endpoint management, i would use push operations to uninstall the agents. 

Sin título1.jpg

I would recommend to do the upgrade/uninstall tasks from the infinity portal.

You can check the admin guide also:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Harmony-Endpoint-Admin-Guide/...

Regards

Magnenetwork
Participant

@RS_Daniel just what I was looking for, thank you so much!!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events