Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simpsonmia
Explorer

Unable to reconnect to VPN for a while once disconnected

I'm having issues reconnecting to a VPN via SecuRemote - I can initially connect and the connection is stable, but when my PC enters sleep mode and disconnects from the VPN as a result, attempting to connect again will fail and not work again for up to several hours. I can use my same user login successfully on a different device during the period I'm unable to connect on the original device.

The current version running is R80.30 on a VSX firewall using SecuRemote. I'm currently awaiting logs from another user from their VPN client.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a fix for this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

R80.30 is End of Support and recommend upgrading to a more recent release.
I suspect the issue is on the client...what version and have you tried the most recent?
You can find a link download the latest Remote Access clients from here (E87.10 as of current): https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with @PhoneBoy . I would test newest client version (E87.10, to see if you get the same problem). If you dont, then you know where the issue was...however, if you do, then its on the gateway side and TAC might offer you best effort support in that case, but it will probably end up being very basic.

0 Kudos
Gomboragchaa
Advisor

Hi,

I have same problem on MacOS. 

It has occured version 87.41. Then I upgraded to 87.50 which is latest version of Endpoint. But it is still same result...

I am just uninstalling agent and re-install when I need to use SecuRemote Client vpn...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Gomboragchaa What exactly are the symptoms? You connect and then how long after does it disconnect? I might be able to help, as I dealt with customer who had 90% of their machines MAC ibooks, so I have lots of experience troubleshooting this sort of issue.

Andy

0 Kudos
Gomboragchaa
Advisor

Hi @the_rock ,

The sympton is a bit strange.
It works fine at first time that I install agent on my laptop. After disconnect or reboot laptop, It won't connect.

I attached screenshot of agent. As you can see, VPN Service is down. I cannot disconnect or re-connect. Actually I only see this screen only and nothing can do. 
Of course I tried to restart agent, even my laptop. but still same 🙂

Picture1.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events