Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcus_Halmsjo
Contributor
Jump to solution

SandBlast Agent Management migration

Hi,

We are moving from on-prem endpoint management server to cloud, both setups are active.

From what i understand we need to re-install the agent with the cloud managed one and tried a few things to minimize the work this entails.

So my question is if there are some tricks to make the re-installation less reboot more just works.

I downloaded the installation package i made from cloud management and tried installing it to see if it can upgrade.
It worked only thing i had to enter was the uninstall password and then the setup uninstalled old agent and installed the new without any reboot needed. Now to the problem it seems to not clear the management server adress so the new installation still connects to the local management address, is there some way to change this?

I'd hate to haft to uninstall, reboot, install, reboot 400 computers hands on.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marcus_Halmsjo
Contributor

Thanks for the pointer, i found sk163372 that describe consolidating two management servers and running reconnect tool using config.dat from the new server after installation package is created. Seems logical this would be possible going to cloud if there is some way to get the config.dat.

Edit: Found the config.dat in the msi file for the new agent, created a reconnect tool using this will try and see if it works.

Update: it works, pushed new agent with the argument UNINST_PASSWORD and it upgraded then pushed the reconnect.exe created with the config.dat from the new agent msi, zero reboots and client shows up in cloud management.

View solution in original post

(1)
5 Replies
MikeB
Advisor

Hello @Marcus_Halmsjo ,

I know that there is a ReconnectUtility tool that runs on endpoints when the Endpoint Management IP is changed. It would be good if someone from Check Point could confirm if it is possible to use this tool also for your scenario (migrate on-prem to EMaaS). I can't find any SK with this information.

(1)
Marcus_Halmsjo
Contributor

Thanks for the pointer, i found sk163372 that describe consolidating two management servers and running reconnect tool using config.dat from the new server after installation package is created. Seems logical this would be possible going to cloud if there is some way to get the config.dat.

Edit: Found the config.dat in the msi file for the new agent, created a reconnect tool using this will try and see if it works.

Update: it works, pushed new agent with the argument UNINST_PASSWORD and it upgraded then pushed the reconnect.exe created with the config.dat from the new agent msi, zero reboots and client shows up in cloud management.

(1)
trmelancieri
Participant

Hi @Marcus_Halmsjo , could you please share how to you push  reconnect.exe to endpoints?

I am using Microsoft sccm to update my older versions to 86.25 and than run the reconnect tolls.

If I understood correctly your post, You got it in one process install using new agent with config.dat with new appointment 

0 Kudos
Marcus_Halmsjo
Contributor

Hi,

Only reason we needed to push endpoint then was because endpoint lost connection to management and if you pushed endpoint to a client that had endpoint installed it failed so to upgrade i had to add parameter to installation for the uninstall password then it reinstalled. Reconnect was used seperatly to migrate to another management server.

If endpoint still has connection to management that is preferable the way to upgrade version.

We also had to manually uninstall many endpoints and install new version that had the correct management server in package.

Not sure but might be new official ways to migrate/reconnect the new endpoints now since how packages are built have changed since then.

Shimon_Ben-Isha
Employee
Employee

Hi @MikeB 

Yes, you have the option to download the reconnect utility once you migrate your on-prem server to the Endpoint cloud tenant  (Infinity Portal -> Endpoint Application -> under the Service Management tab -> Download Reconnect).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events