cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP-Shark
Contributor

Push Operations

Hi guys,

I am wondering if it is possible to create a custom Push Operation for starting blades. In some cases blades are not running and I thought the possibility of a push operation could be solution !?!?

Any ideas or how do you handle these kinds of issues?

KR,
Oliver

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Generally the Check Point watchdog service should handle automatically restarting blades assuming they're for whichever reason in a stopped state.
If the watchdog isn't restarting the service then there's a deeper issue that should be examined.

Unless of course you're permitting users to disable blades in the client UI. In which case, that's a policy issue.
(Though on the topic of that, I would love a push operation or policy or whatever which allows me to disable blades for a limited time instead of having to keep track of things manually)

0 Kudos
CP-Shark
Contributor

If the watchdog isn't restarting the service then there's a deeper issue that should be examined.

Any ideas, SKs or hints how to troubleshoot this issue deeper?

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

It depends on the blade really.
In general though, I'd give clients a bit of time to sort things out by themselves.

Quite often you'd encounter cases where a client comes online & does the first communication interval before a blade has the chance to fully initialize. Then you end up with a falsely reported state on your dashboard for a little while.

The persistent cases lasting more than a few hours should be looked at though.

0 Kudos
CP-Shark
Contributor

This behaviour is quite common and I know this. But we have a few clients where the persistent cases definitly lasting more than a few hours and we are very keen for the understanding of these issues.

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Again, it depends on what the situation is.
TAC should be involved in these cases.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events