Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lubomir_Cerny
Participant

MSI package export failed - .NET missing method ?

Hello folks.

I have troubles export any deployment package from server. Package is downloaded, certificate also downloaded, but then the process fails. The issue is for all imported MSI versions and even for Initial client.

I can see System.MissingMethodException errro in SmartEndpoint_Logs.txt file:

2023-01-27 08:00:50,759 [1 ] [INFO] [FrameworkHost.Start]: ------------------------------ Log started
2023-01-27 08:00:50,769 [1 ] [INFO] [FrameworkHost..cctor]: Running version R80_40_jumbo_hf_gui build 994000434
2023-01-27 08:00:50,779 [1 ] [INFO] [FrameworkHost..cctor]: Running on .NET Framework version 4.8 or later

2023-01-27 08:02:29,628 [MT ] [DEBUG] [SecureFTPManager.AllFilesDownloaded]: Enter AllFilesDownloaded
2023-01-27 08:02:29,629 [MT ] [DEBUG] [SecureFTPManager.StartRePackagingWorker]: Re-packaging worker starting...
2023-01-27 08:02:29,630 [18 ] [DEBUG] [SecureFTPManager.RePackagingWorkMethod]: Invoking RaiseAfterFilesDownload for:
2023-01-27 08:02:29,639 [MT ] [INFO] [SecureFTPManager.RePackagingWorkCompleted]: Re-Packaging completed with an error
2023-01-27 08:02:29,639 [MT ] [ERROR] [SecureFTPManager.RePackagingWorkCompleted]: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: Int32 CP.REPACKAGER.API.MSIRepackger.CreatePreUPG(System.String, System.String).
v CP.UEPM.ConsoleTopics.SoftwareDeployment.SecureFTPManager.RepackageMSI(MSIDownloadAndRepackageProperties rprops)
v CP.UEPM.ConsoleTopics.SoftwareDeployment.SecureFTPManager.RePackagingWorkMethod(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
v System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
v System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

I guessed .NET version missing but have installed .Net 2.0+3.5 and also .Net 4.8 on current Windows10 PRO 21H2.

Any idea where to investigate ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Did you open a TAC case on this?
I suspect there is some other dependency that might need to be installed.

0 Kudos
Lubomir_Cerny
Participant

Thank you PhoneBoy.
Will open TAC and send update to help others in such cases.

0 Kudos
Christopher_Ado
Explorer

Hi,

short question, did you solved this ? I have right now the same problem and error.
I have a open case and have just uploaded CPINFO. 

//Christopher 

0 Kudos
Duane_Toler
Advisor

Any chance TAC gave you an easy fix?  I had very weird issues with a customer's SmartConsole/SmartEndpoint on build 394 (all packages for export weren't being displayed and it just gave a client-side error).  I had them update to the latest build 435 and the weird issues are fixed, but the package exports still fail.  I'm getting the same MSI repackaging error.

0 Kudos
Christopher_Ado
Explorer

Hi,

TAC made some tests and exports, and then I got a new MSI sent for the Smart-console that was working.

R80.40 (994000446) 

Christopher A

0 Kudos
Duane_Toler
Advisor

Likewise, TAC gave me an "internal build" of SmartConsole.  I asked about it being in a future version and they said it wasn't scheduled for that, but maybe that will change soon.  I did the survey for the TAC case and rated it at 2 with negative feedback.  SmartEndpoint appears to be using some 3rd party packaging components that weren't tested and verified (the logs showed that clearly).

0 Kudos
Duane_Toler
Advisor

Hey@Lubomir_Cerny 

I'm now getting this error on a PC host of mine when exporting packages.  Any chance you got a fix for this that you can share?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Lubomir_Cerny
Participant

Hello.
I did not get any fix from TAC after all and we agreed to export/backup and do fresh install + import/restore.
After this migration, the situation did not changed and this specific issue has to do something with PC setup.

MSI export works on other machines only 2 of my admin PCs have the issue.

So at the end, the PC fresh install + current smart console solved the issue.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events