cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP-Shark
Contributor

MS Teams in Firewall Ruls on Endpoint

Hi guys,

I need to configure the access to MS Teams in disconnected state on the Endpoint Firewall blade.
On gateways there is the opportunity of using updateable objects. These objects are not available on firewall rule in endpoint side.

I tried to add some updateable objects to a network group, which I can use on endpoint firewall rules but the installation will fail with an internal error.

So are there other options to handle all the domains, IPs etc. for firewall rules?

Looking forward to your ideas.

Cheers,
Olli

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
7 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I will do my best to help you out. Not really an endpoint person, but I have access to few environments, so can definitely look into it. Would you mind send a screenshot of what you tried? You can blur out any sensitive info.

Btw, I do see in the policy there is an option to add url filtering exclusions. What I always do on the firewall is this...say you want to allow ANYTHING microsoft, I just do *microsoft* and works 100% of the time, never had an issue, not once.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
CP-Shark
Contributor

Hi Andy,

@the_rock wrote:

I will do my best to help you out. Not really an endpoint person, but I have access to few environments, so can definitely look into it. Would you mind send a screenshot of what you tried? You can blur out any sensitive info.

Btw, I do see in the policy there is an option to add url filtering exclusions. What I always do on the firewall is this...say you want to allow ANYTHING microsoft, I just do *microsoft* and works 100% of the time, never had an issue, not once.

Cheers,

Andy

URL Filter is not an option on Check Point Harmony (Endpoint) and *microsoft* is not supported on end point firewall rules.

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
MikeB
Advisor

You could try the other Harmony Endpoint modules:

• Application Control: to allow or disallow the MS Teams program to run or access the network.
  • URL Filtering: To block access to MS Teams domains.
CP-Shark
Contributor

Application control on end point or on perimeter? 
If is could be an option the question is what will win? Firewall or application policy?

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Both of these are options on Harmony Endpoint (what the question was about).

0 Kudos
MikeB
Advisor

For your use case at the endpoint level....in my opinion the best way would be through Appication Control (to allow or disallow the MS TEAMS program/process to run or access the network.)

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Agree 100%.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events