Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cabutchei
Explorer

Locked out of account

So I work at an IT company and they've recently had to make us use this Endpoint Security thing in order to access the bank we work for's network. I have a work laptop which I've tried installing it on, but it wouldn't work. I had to finish some work so I decided to install it on my personal Mac and it worked fine and I could finally do my job. Then I tried uninstalling it, since it seemed to think my laptop was the Organization's and it was controlling my browser. After some failed attempts, I was finally able to forcefully remove the Checkpoint folder and another one in /Library/Application Support. Then I removed the browser's Harmony extensions, which I couldn't seem to do before. It was all looking good, but, upon restarting my Mac, I discovered that I couldn't log into my account anymore. I'll type in the correct password and it'll tell me that I need to enter my password, as if I had typed nothing and pressed return. Does anyone know how to deal with this situation?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Harmony Endpoint products are generally meant to be installed on corporate owned and managed assets.
They are hardened against attempts to uninstall/disable without using the uninstaller, which requires a password that is set by the administrator.
For installation on non-corporate managed assets, we have standalone VPN clients that can be uninstalled by the user if necessary.
Whether your organization permits their usage is a separate question.

In any case, I suspect you have damaged your macOS installation by attempting to remove Harmony Endpoint without using the uninstaller.
It would probably take less time boot off recovery media, take a backup, and reinstall macOS.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events