Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fphillips
Explorer

Harmony Endpoint - Whitelist connected USB devices to automatically connect

We've recently migrated to Harmony Endpoint, and enabled Port/Media protection on the clients now.

I have a question regarding two different issues we have with USB devices:

We have complaints with Kingston DTVault secure drives not working on our clients machines.  The unencrypted portion that contains the Kingston software to launch the software required to authenticate into the secure encrypted partition does not scan, therefore these sticks currently aren't working for our users

The other issue we have is, we had a request if it's possible that certain USB drives not require to be scanned prior to connecting to the clients.

So both scenarios bring up a similar question - can a USB device be whitelisted, so when it's connected, it is immediately mounted without scanning or dealing with the copy encrypted/copy unencrypted prompt that the users need to acknowledge prior to using the drives?

I did try to add exclusion rules based on the name/device ID, but what it seems to be for is either allowing the drive to be connected in an environment that might have strict policies for USB devices, OR not allowing certain types of USB devices to be used.  I'm hoping there is a solution that not only allows the device to connect, but bypasses the standard work flow of connecting a device (acknowledge the need to be scanned, acknowledge the device was scanned, selecting to use the device with or without encryption).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect there's a conflict between MEPP and the software used by Kingston for their USB drive.
Such support would probably have to be handled as an RFE through your local Check Point office.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events