cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valterj
Contributor

Harmony Endpoint Portal

Hi, all. 

I don´t see the option to create new rules (Data Protection, Threat Prevention, Software Deployment, doesn´t matter), only clone existent rules, so I cannot modify some rule options. I´m using a recenty created account only for test purposes, so I don´t know if it has some limitations. 

Regards. 

Valter Junior

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What access permissions has the tenant owner granted you?

To be sure that I understand, you cannot clone/create rules; or after you clone a rule you cannot edit it's settings?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
valterj
Contributor

Administrator role was granted to me. I´ve created the account. 

I can see the option to clone or copy a rule, ONLY! I cannot see the option to create a new one. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
MikeB
Advisor

In the Harmony endpoin tweb portal, the only way to create a rule is by cloning or copying it. There is no button to create a rule from scratch.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Mike is correct, only in the SmartEndpoint client is there a wizard for a "create" rule option from scratch.

I'll pass along some feedback to improve the tool tips & documentation in this area.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
valterj
Contributor

I think it is related to some update or release, because this "term" is used in official training material, but it's not available in current Harmony Web Portal. 

In the newest version, SmartEnpoint was completely replaced ? Because we've a note in the book telling some features are not migrated yet to Web Portal, like advanced configuration and troubleshooting.

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

There are subtle differences between Cloud and On-prem deployments still.

For example the below refers to the Web Mgmt for Harmony Endpoint on-prem

rules.png

Source: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_HarmonyEndpointWebManagement...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Itamar_Tubul
Employee
Employee

Yes, it's correct, only copying rule is possible using Portal.checkpoint.com 

This is correct for both cloud and on-premise.

I will take it with our documentation team to fix the documentation. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events