cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro_Sentinela
Contributor
Jump to solution

End Point Port Protection.

I'm having a problem with EndPoint. What happens is that I added a device to a white list and in this case this release only worked for machines with windows 7, but with windows 10 it doesn't work. The current version is 86.20.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Might be worth a TAC case to make sure what's showing in the logs is what we are enforcing in the client.
Meanwhile, I'd try what's showing in Windows 10 and see if that works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Perhaps the device has a different identifier in Windows 10?
In which case, you would need to add a different device to cover whitelisting it in Windows 10. 

0 Kudos
(1)
Pedro_Sentinela
Contributor

Hi Phoneboy. I'm categorizing the devices following the category that is showing in the client logs, in the 'view logs' option. In that case, should I then base myself on the category the operating system recognizes (win10) then and not the EndPoint's?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Might be worth a TAC case to make sure what's showing in the logs is what we are enforcing in the client.
Meanwhile, I'd try what's showing in Windows 10 and see if that works.

0 Kudos
(1)
Pedro_Sentinela
Contributor

what was initially not informed to me is that a hub was used between the device and the computer. In this case, updating the device drivers to recognize the hub on win 10 and releasing the hub on the endpoint made the release work successfully. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Pedro_Sentinela
Contributor

Thanks for the answer.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events