Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjamin_John
Contributor

Dell 7530

Anyone out there using Dell 7530 laptops? We purchased a fleet of 7530 and have FDE/MEPP installed on them. They are randomly RSOD'ing. We have a ticket open with Check Point, but wanted to know if anyone out there have 7530's with FDE installed.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kobie_Bendalak
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

What EndPoint version are you using? Have you tried reaching out to our TAC?
0 Kudos
Benjamin_John
Contributor

We were originally using 80.84 and upgraded to 82.50. Still having the issue with 82.50.

0 Kudos
Dan_Cannon
Contributor

Over many support calls (and experience) one thing I do without fail on a Dell is to make sure the bios is on the latest version. 

• Clients must NOT have:
    RAID.
    Partitions that are part of stripe or volume sets.
    Hybrid Drive or other similar Drive Cache Technologies. See sk107381.
    The root directory cannot be compressed. Subdirectories of the root directory can be compressed.

given this is a high-performance device some of the options above may be the issue?  It is also worth testing E83.00 on a client too.

I hope this helps.

Dan

0 Kudos
Kobie_Bendalak
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

We have a task on it, and RnD is investigating it as we speak. We would update on our findings ASAP.
We suspect this issue is specific to this laptop model, thus we are checking it specifically on the same model to verify that the issue reproduces in our labs as well.
0 Kudos
J_B
Collaborator

Did you ever find the root cause/solution?

We're seeing something similar on some of our devices.  I'll log a call with our partner, but wondered what was found to be the issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Benjamin_John
Contributor

In our case, we believe it was caused by the model of the hard drive. The laptops with LiteON drives were crashing while other models were not. Dell agreed to swap them out for us as they crashed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events