Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjlo
Explorer
Jump to solution

Configuration for macOS

Hi,

We're deploying the Endpoint VPN client to our Macs, and we want to predefine some settings.

1. Gateway, so users don't have to manually run the Site Wizard

2. Disable "Always Connect" as default.

I'm able to edit the trac.defaults file and change 'neo_always_connected' to 'false', but this ends up "locking" the settings in the GUI so the end users can't change the setting at a later time, or even configure VPN Tunneling.

As for setting a default gateway, I'm at at loss. the trac.defaults file has so many options I don't know where to start.

So, I guess my question is; Are there any documentation on how to configure the client on macOS? E.g. a document explaining the options in trac.default?

Thanks!

Regards

Sjur

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Some of these things need to be set on the gateway side (not client side).
Believe most/all of these also apply in trac.config as well: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.SearchResultMainAction&eve...

0 Kudos
sjlo
Explorer

Thanks, I suspected that.

I can see the Site Wizard populates the Trac.config file with the gateway details. I was thinking just deploying the same Trac.config file, populated with only the site details, across all devices. Would that cause any issues?

According to our Checkpoint guy, the Always-Connect option is set to "Configured on endpoint client" on the gateway. I'm able to set it to 'true' and 'false' in Trac.defaults and it reflects in the VPN client options, but I'm not able to change the setting in the GUI (VPN Options -> Properties -> Settings), the options are greyed out.

0 Kudos
shadows112
Participant

Hi sjlo,

in these days i'm trying to do the same thing as yours, that is, add 2 site to vpn checkpoint client, i managed to get a trac.config file i want. Now how can I create a custom pkg that automatically inserts the 2 sites when it is installed?

0 Kudos
shadows112
Participant

That's for windows, right? I'm looking for macOs solution 😞

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please review the message again as I added a link to macOS specific instructions shortly after the initial post.

0 Kudos
CeeToo
Explorer

Hi there, can you check please what happened with the link for Mac OS? Unfortunately doesn't work anymore.

BG

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events