cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MtxMan
Contributor

Block URL Domain on Harmony EP

Hi Checkmates!

Check Point URL Filtering can managed user access when they trying to access internet by categories. I have one usecase, can we allow facebook by URL but blocking the facebook chat by blocking/blocklisted the facebook chat domain?

i tried to put facebook chat & WhatsApp file transfer url from some resources to blocklist section on EPMaaS but not success, the feature still can access. I think, because initial domain was established so Harmony EP can't block the specific domain.

Anyone has experience before?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im pretty sure this works for one of our customers...can you attach a screenshot?

0 Kudos
MtxMan
Contributor

Hi @the_rock 

currently i dont have the access to the portal, i remote the EPMaaS via anydesk to customer laptop.

i put the blacklisted domain like below (ps. capture from the internet but i have similar configuration).

MtxMan_1-1657562558610.png

when i put url : www.facebook.com & web.whatsapps.com, these domain blocked by Harmony EP. but when i allow these domain and put specific domain like my earlier post, facebook and whatsapp can access as well ass facebook chat and whatsapp file transfer.

0 Kudos
MtxMan
Contributor

Hi @the_rock 

I cant access the portal right now, need to anydesk to customer laptop to get the capture.

anw, i got below screenshot from google. and i have similar configuration.

MtxMan_0-1657563196655.png

when i put url : www.facebook.com & web.whatsapp.com, these access blocked by harmony ep. but when i allow those domain, and put url from my earlier post on blacklisted url, these two apps accessible as well as facebook chat and whatsapp file transfer feature.

MtxMan_1-1657563449288.png

(ps. screenshot from internet but when i block www.facebook.com got same notification)

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would check logs further to see why this happens and if you dont any further, maybe TAC can investigate further.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events