cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinod_Yadav
Participant

Assistance Needed: Installation Stuck at 75% Completion for R81 Hotfix 87

Hi Team,

I'm currently facing an issue while installing the R81 Endpoint Security hotfix 87. The installation process is stuck at 75% completion. Urgently seeking assistance to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I recall my colleague telling me once that went on for almost 4 hours and finally rebooted. Not sure what causes it though...there is way to also tell from clish, but Im sure you would see exact same thing.

I think command is show installer package or something like that.

Best,

Andy

CP-STANDALONE-backup> show installer packages
** Hotfixes **
Display name Status
R81.20 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator Take 38 Installed as part of
R81.20 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator Recommended Jumbo Recommended Jumbo Take 41 Installed
** Blink Images **
Display name Status
<b>R81.20 Multi Domain Server + JHF T41 for Appliances and Open Servers</b></b> Available for Download
<b>R81.20 Security Gateway + JHF T41 for Appliances and Open Servers</b> Available for Download
<b>R81.20 Security Management + JHF T41 for Appliances and Open Servers</b> Available for Download
CP-STANDALONE-backup> show installer package
CLINFR0349 Incomplete command.
** Hotfixes **
Num Display name Type
1 R81.20 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator Take 38 Hotfix
2 R81.20 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator Recommended Jumbo Recommended Jumbo Take 41 Hotfix
** Blink Images **
Num Display name Type
3 R81.20 Multi Domain Server + JHF T41 for Appliances and Open Servers Blink Version
4 R81.20 Security Gateway + JHF T41 for Appliances and Open Servers Blink Version
5 R81.20 Security Management + JHF T41 for Appliances and Open Servers Blink Version

0 Kudos
Vinod_Yadav
Participant

Hi The_Rock,

Thanks for give the solution but our management is crashed.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I personally never experienced such an issue, so cant say, but sounds like reboot would be the best option.

Andy

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Notice that since reboot stops the installation in the middle it's very likely you will need to clean install the machine after such action or at least revert to snapshot

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Boaz_Orshav Just curious, what would cause issue like this in the first place, any idea? I assume its something with DA agent, but not sure, just my educated guess...

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Vinod_Yadav
Participant

Hi the_rock,

I hope this message finds you well. We've identified an old VM backup and restored the management. However, we are currently facing an issue where clients are not connecting with the management. We plan to use the reconnect utility to address this.

Your prompt attention to this matter is appreciated.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

When you say clients are not connecting to the mgmt, thats super generic statement, in my mind anyway : - ). Do you mean ssh, web UI, smart console, something else? 

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Actually I'd give 99% it's not related to the Deployment Agent but I'm a bit biased.....

During installation except of the obvious files extraction and replacement there are many scripts run, some are part of the package itself and some are part of other components.

Such stuck can happen due to script waiting for something to happen while it doesn't. This is why "ps xf" is the best way to identify who the DAService called

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for that, never knew of that command, just ran it in the lab, very useful @Boaz_Orshav 👍👍

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Nik_Bloemers
Advisor
Advisor

If I experience it again, I will definitely check that! Currently our entire environment is up to date, so no JHF installations planned.

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

Best is to run "ps xf" and look at the call tree of DAService

You can see there is the installation is really stuck and not doing anything or if there is a script or system call that takes a long time

0 Kudos
Vinod_Yadav
Participant

Boaz_Orshav,

Thanks for give the solution but our management is crashed.
0 Kudos
Nik_Bloemers
Advisor
Advisor

I've recently encountered this issue several times when upgrading clusters from SmartConsole to R81.20 take 41 on seemingly random members of various clusters. Seeing as you have this same issue in a completely different version and platform, I'm beginning to suspect this might be a problem with the latest CPUSE agent or something. I had no other solution but to force reboot the problematic gateways and then fix the broken units with a blink upgrade instead. Not so bad in a cluster situation, very bad for single gateway or management....

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

I'm not familiar with such issue so will appreciate if you can contact me if it happens.

Thanks

Vinod_Yadav
Participant

Hi Nik_Bloemers,

Thanks for support.

0 Kudos
nicolasr
Employee
Employee

Hi @Vinod_Yadav , can you tell please how much overall space has your Hard Disk on the MGMT?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events