cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernardes
Advisor

Harmony Email & Collaboration DLP Allow List

Hello Mates!

I'm trying to configure a allow list for Harmony Email DLP, but I have some issues and doubts about it. For example: When I open the DLP event and try to create an allow list directly from the event, I can't do it:

image_2023-01-04_160057044.png

The link to create allow list seems to be disabled and the notification of requires permission is shown. I know that I have full permission on all products from the portal, look below:

image_2023-01-04_160620223.png

I try to create with others admin users and the same occurs.

Another thing is as follows:

image_2023-01-04_160915508.png

When I try to add an allow-list from the config>DLP allow-list as shown in the documentation (Harmony Doc ), the string option seems to be disabled as well and the same "required permission" message is shown when the mouse cursor is over there.

Now, my question is how can I add an allow-list from this option file MD5? Where can I find this MD5 hash to put on this field?

image_2023-01-04_162522983.png

To summarize, basically what I need is that domain "A" can send e-mails to domain "B" without the DLP inspection like it was the same company because it was now indeed.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @Bernardes ,

Apologies first of all, as I rarely ever work with this product, so will try my best to help. Happy New Year first of all! So, I see what you are referring to below, but looks like what I pointed out would let you filter for md5 strings, but maybe someone else can confirm for sure.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Bernardes
Advisor

Hello @the_rock Have a Happy New Year! I appreciate your help, but this field, if I'm not wrong brings the exceptions that have already been created. If you have many exceptions created you use the filter to find a specific one. But I'm not sure about how to create one by MD5 or why I can't create a string and I can't create from the link of the event.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If you hover with your mouse where it says "string", does it let you click on it?

0 Kudos
Jonathango
Employee
Employee

Hi there @Bernardes 

Downloading emails and files and viewing their content are reserved for users with higher permissions than the standard Admin.

You can read all about it in our admin guide (relevant chapter). There you will see the additional required permission (View sensitive data).

This permission also allows admins to manage string-based exceptions. 

Bernardes
Advisor

Hello @Jonathango I gave permission to see sensitive data:

image_2023-01-05_105116891.png

Now I can see the String option and add an exception from the event's link.

But is there any way to add 2 different emails domains to bypass the DLP inspection? This way to add exceptions by string or MD5 is poor and totally manual.

Jonathango
Employee
Employee

Hi @Bernardes .

There are strong use cases for every type of allow-listing.

We plan to enhance our allow-list capabilities in the short term and to add the ability to allow-list a recipient domain from being inspected for DLP.

Make sure you subscribe to our product updates blog, so you are always caught up with the latest releases.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Jonathango ...I learned something new today...never seen those options before for sensitive data you pointed out. I always assumed that admin would have access to everything, so thank you for mentioning it.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events