Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninixclub
Explorer
Jump to solution

Publish changes done by terraform

Hello

We would like for our futur architecture to build pour policies via terraform.

So I installed a lab but I have an issue when I try to publish the new change.

I followed this documentation :

As of right now, Terraform does not provide native support for publish and install-policy, so both of them are handled out-of-band.

In order to use post Apply/Destroy commands, the authentication method must be via environment variables.

Publish

Please use the following for publish:

$ cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-checkpoint/commands/publish
$ go build publish.go
$ mv publish $GOPATH/src/github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-checkpoint
$ terraform apply && publish

But when i try it i have the following message :

➜ publish git:(master) go build publish.go
go: github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-checkpoint/commands: github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-checkpoint@v1.1.0: parsing go.mod:
module declares its path as: github.com/CheckPointSW/terraform-provider-checkpoint
but was required as: github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-checkpoint

Idem to install policy

➜ install_policy git:(master) go build install_policy.go
go: github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-checkpoint/commands: github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-checkpoint@v1.1.0: parsing go.mod:
module declares its path as: github.com/CheckPointSW/terraform-provider-checkpoint
but was required as: github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-checkpoint

Do you have a fix for me ?

How do you do in order to publish or install policy ?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GBrembati
Employee
Employee

Hello,

When you are working with Terraform you can handle the installation as well as the publish of the changes made by Terraform.

I would simply use the resources you can find inside "checkpoint" provider in the registry, my suggestion would also be to use the latest version (as per today 1.3.0) of the provider. So you would set your provider like this: 

terraform {
  required_providers {
    checkpoint = {
      source = "CheckPointSW/checkpoint"
      version = ">= 1.3.0"
    }
  }
}

Then in the main you would just need to add the resources to publish the changes at the end, be careful to use the right dependency for that one since you want to be executed after all the changes.

So the policy install would be something like

resource "checkpoint_management_install_policy" "example" {
  policy_package = "standard"
  targets = ["corporate-gateway"]
}

And the publish would be something like, with some "depends_on" statement inside,

resource "checkpoint_management_publish" "example" { }

These examples are the ones in the public documentation of our provider that you can find here: https://registry.terraform.io/providers/CheckPointSW/checkpoint/latest/docs

If you want to see a real example here is a Terraform that I have created to make few action: such as creating few objects, a policy package, connect a datacenter object, install the CME, patch to a certain Jumbo Hotfix, etc https://github.com/gbrembati/terraform/blob/master/azure/mgmt-configuration/mgmtcfg-main.tf

Hope it helps,

Giorgio

View solution in original post

(1)
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@chkp-royl @Ryan_Darst any suggestions here?

0 Kudos
GBrembati
Employee
Employee

Hello,

When you are working with Terraform you can handle the installation as well as the publish of the changes made by Terraform.

I would simply use the resources you can find inside "checkpoint" provider in the registry, my suggestion would also be to use the latest version (as per today 1.3.0) of the provider. So you would set your provider like this: 

terraform {
  required_providers {
    checkpoint = {
      source = "CheckPointSW/checkpoint"
      version = ">= 1.3.0"
    }
  }
}

Then in the main you would just need to add the resources to publish the changes at the end, be careful to use the right dependency for that one since you want to be executed after all the changes.

So the policy install would be something like

resource "checkpoint_management_install_policy" "example" {
  policy_package = "standard"
  targets = ["corporate-gateway"]
}

And the publish would be something like, with some "depends_on" statement inside,

resource "checkpoint_management_publish" "example" { }

These examples are the ones in the public documentation of our provider that you can find here: https://registry.terraform.io/providers/CheckPointSW/checkpoint/latest/docs

If you want to see a real example here is a Terraform that I have created to make few action: such as creating few objects, a policy package, connect a datacenter object, install the CME, patch to a certain Jumbo Hotfix, etc https://github.com/gbrembati/terraform/blob/master/azure/mgmt-configuration/mgmtcfg-main.tf

Hope it helps,

Giorgio

(1)
Simon_Macpherso
Advisor

Hi Giorgio,

Do you have a working example of using Terraform to verify and deploy a JHF to an on-premise HA cluster?

Regards,

Simon  

0 Kudos
neilmalta
Explorer

Hey,

I m working with the publish and policy with terraform, thanks also to you : )

But when I do any changes for example just add a host or change just a comment, its not being publish / installed.

What can I do to always publish after every terraform apply? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events