Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro-Aguiar
Contributor
Jump to solution

Overview - Harmony Connect - Branches & Data Centers

Good morning,

Could someone help me with an overview of this Branches & Data Centers functionality

in a lot of documentation it's just talking about deploy and a lot about what it actually does or can do.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tamir_Mitnitski
Employee
Employee

Hi Perdro!

To put it short.

Data centers are your internal resources, for example an internal wiki, or an RDP that is somewhere in an internal datacenter.

By creating a data-center you are creating a secure tunnel between your internal resources and the Harmony Connect cloud gateways.

This secure connection can be used in order to let your employees access your internal resource via the Harmony Connect Windows/Mac Agent or via a Branch Office connection

Branch offices, are as it sounds are used mostly for offices, or spaces with a shared SD-WAN between all employees. When you configure a branch office, you connect your SD-WAN via a secure tunnel to the cloud gateways, and by doing that you enable secure browsing and access to internal resources (If you have a data center installed).

I hope this helps, 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

(1)
6 Replies
CE_SE
Employee Employee
Employee

Can you define what you're looking to accomplish within Harmony Connect? For example..Clientless connectivity for users? Connectivity for users within a branch location? 

Pedro-Aguiar
Contributor

would be both in this case in different environments

0 Kudos
Tamir_Mitnitski
Employee
Employee

Hi Perdro!

To put it short.

Data centers are your internal resources, for example an internal wiki, or an RDP that is somewhere in an internal datacenter.

By creating a data-center you are creating a secure tunnel between your internal resources and the Harmony Connect cloud gateways.

This secure connection can be used in order to let your employees access your internal resource via the Harmony Connect Windows/Mac Agent or via a Branch Office connection

Branch offices, are as it sounds are used mostly for offices, or spaces with a shared SD-WAN between all employees. When you configure a branch office, you connect your SD-WAN via a secure tunnel to the cloud gateways, and by doing that you enable secure browsing and access to internal resources (If you have a data center installed).

I hope this helps, 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

(1)
Mark-Ryo
Explorer

Hi, how would you protect internet traffic from main office/datacenter ? In the "Getting Started" section, there is only "Branches to Internet". Should my main office users use the agent ? Is there a way to protect my main office/datacenter users and machines by creating a VPN between my datacenter firewalls and Harmony cloud ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

Hello Tamir,

thank you for your clarification.

What is not clear to me is the licensing part about Branch Offices: if i connect it, then infinity ask to me how many users are expected to correctly size the resources in cloud....but how they are counted ? anyone who join my branch office site is secured by harmony connect ? mh....

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

If a unique named user is recognized through integration with your IDP they will "consume" a license (up to 5 devices per user as I recall).

There is otherwise a ratio of users to IP addresses applied for calculation / fair use reasons.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events