Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OlafYstroem
Participant
Jump to solution

Capsule Windows-Client and IPv6

Hi everyone,

are there any known limitations/issues to use IPv6 with the Capsule Windows-Clients?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Don't believe it's currently supported based on sk67820. Suggest following up with your local SE if this is important for you.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Chris is 100% correct. We had case about this last year and TAC gave us exact same sk saying its not supported. Rather than submitting RFE, just contact your local Sales person about it.

Cheers,

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Don't believe it's currently supported based on sk67820. Suggest following up with your local SE if this is important for you.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
OlafYstroem
Participant

Thanks for your immediate response.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Chris is 100% correct. We had case about this last year and TAC gave us exact same sk saying its not supported. Rather than submitting RFE, just contact your local Sales person about it.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
mgades
Contributor

Out of curiosity, does our local Sales persons have access to a hidden release (for gateways/management, etc) with IPv6 support (I mean the long awaited feature to route IPv6 traffic through the VPN client), compared to filing a RFE?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

sk166415 is the latest published update I've seen on related topics though it doesn't specify to which client types it applies.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I really cant give an answer to that question truthfully, as I have no clue in the world :). All I can tell you is they most likely have access to all SKs marked internal, which customers/partners like us dont, so thats something they would be able to check for you.

That sk Chris mentioned talks about R82 and that release could be a year, 2 years away...who knows lol

Andy

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I have not seen any customer releases involving this functionality.
However, it makes sense this support would be added as part of the major changes coming to R82.

mgades
Contributor

That would be awesome!

It would be fantastic to see more IPv6/IPv4 feature parity, especially Remote Access VPN support (both having clients connect to an IPv6 endpoint, but also route IPv6 traffic through the tunnel). We have been running native IPv6 for years in our network (dual-stack), and I have always looked with anticipation for any IPv6 related enhancements.

Fingers crosses - is there a (public) roadmap for R82 to see anywhere yet?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I presume we will have more to share when R82 is closer to GA.

0 Kudos
OlafYstroem
Participant

IPv6 via VPN will be a great feature

the_rock
Legend
Legend

100%!

0 Kudos
mgades
Contributor

Absolutely also one of my greater feature wishes. It is possible on site-to-site tunnels (AFAIK), but not client VPN.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events