Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Capsule Cloud product status and future

Can anyone share the data on what is going on with Capsule Cloud?

I am not very familiar with the product, but was asked about Check Point's cloud managed endpoint offerings and am looking at it now.

From the https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

It looks like last release was almost two years ago, that it is logging HTTPS when set not to and requires Java for SSO and integration with AD.

Before I spend any more time on it, I'd like to hear if this is something that Check Point is intended to maintain and develop further or if it is a dead end product being eventually replaced by something else.

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Vladimir,

There are 2 choices for protecting roaming users:

1. Inspecting all traffic inside the user's computer. Check Point's Endpoint product provides that capability.
  2. Inspecting traffic going from the agent computer at the VPN destination, not at the user's computer. Typically that would be an auto-updated and auto-scaled cloud service. Check Point's Capsule Cloud provides that capability today. 

Capsule Cloud remains Check Point's product for roaming user protection. The focus remains supporting all customers and all versions of the operating systems. 

Network Security as a Service (or NSaaS) currently supports protecting branch offices. Protecting roaming users will be added to the product in the later stages. Once this feature gets added, customers will have a single policy for protecting branch offices and roaming users. Then, Check Point will migrate its existing Capsule Cloud users.

Joining Network Security as a Service is possible by simply visiting https://portal.checkpoint.com/signin/cloudguardnsaas however we have an approval system, and it might be faster by emailing nsaas_ea@checkpoint.com with your details.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe the ultimate replacement for Capsule Cloud is Network Security as a Service. 

@Tomer_Sole 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

EP MaaS (in addition to NSaaS) may also be relevant depending on the combination of controls you're looking to deploy.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Thank you for your replies gentlemen.

I've looked at the EP MaaS video and it looks (partially) as what I was expecting and hoping for.

Few comments though: In EA video, there were no mention of integration with on-premises management, something that Capsule Cloud does provide.

So for companies looking for strictly cloud-based solutions, it is perfect, but not yet for those who would like to administer it centrally without relying on End Point Management being deployed locally.

Incidentally, how would one get access to the MaaS EA?

I've looked in the Partner Portal and am not seeing it there.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You can sign up for both NSaaS and EMaaS on portal.checkpoint.com, I believe.
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Thank you.

I am awaiting approval for the beta trial.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Vladimir,

There are 2 choices for protecting roaming users:

1. Inspecting all traffic inside the user's computer. Check Point's Endpoint product provides that capability.
  2. Inspecting traffic going from the agent computer at the VPN destination, not at the user's computer. Typically that would be an auto-updated and auto-scaled cloud service. Check Point's Capsule Cloud provides that capability today. 

Capsule Cloud remains Check Point's product for roaming user protection. The focus remains supporting all customers and all versions of the operating systems. 

Network Security as a Service (or NSaaS) currently supports protecting branch offices. Protecting roaming users will be added to the product in the later stages. Once this feature gets added, customers will have a single policy for protecting branch offices and roaming users. Then, Check Point will migrate its existing Capsule Cloud users.

Joining Network Security as a Service is possible by simply visiting https://portal.checkpoint.com/signin/cloudguardnsaas however we have an approval system, and it might be faster by emailing nsaas_ea@checkpoint.com with your details.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events