cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnobels
Explorer

vgextend timings

Hi,

i'm facing a vgextend operation on an Azure based R81.10 take 78 environment.  Anyone having some thoughts on the timings for the vgextend operation?  Apparantly it's not happening in the background.  And afte the upgrade i have on my todo list a snapshot and upgrade to take 110.  As sk156552 also mentions you need to perform this in single-user-mode, and thus no services will be available (no cluster).  If you have a real-world example (let's say you expanded the log dir by 100 or 200 Gbyte) that would be great.  That way i can inform the business of the needed downtime.

Thx!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but in simple words, are you trying to extend specific partition? (ie /var/log). If you are just installing jumbo hotfix, that does not generate snapshot by default, so it would not require as much space as say if you were upgrading from R80.40 to R81.20.

If I totally misunderstood your question, apologies.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
pnobels
Explorer

Hi Andy, i understand.  But we always take snapshots before upgrading.  And this is also a situation where we are upgrading due to an issue, and perhaps i will need to restore the snapshot (dependencies on other firewall instances etc...) to return to a 'known working situation'.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I will send you later process I had few customers follow to extend the space. In all honesty, if you are just installing jumbo, I would not bother with snapshot. Just my opinion.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.