Did you mean: 
Moti
Admin
Admin

R80.10 is now available in Azure

Hi,

R80.10 is now available in Azure.

There is currently a single marketplace listing:

https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/checkpoint.vsec?tab=Overview

With  4 deployment options (and a test drive):

A customer gets to select the version (R77.30/R80.10):

And the license:

Happy Installing Smiley Happy

8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I know a few customers were looking forward to this one

0 Kudos
Constantine_Wel
Participant

Unfortunately the upgrade process for Azure doesn't seem to be documented. At least everything recommended in R80.10 installation guide didn't work.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In general, an in-place upgrade is not the correct approach in Azure or AWS.

You're supposed to redeploy the gateway with the new version rather than try and upgrade (which isn't necessarily supported, or the recommended approach).

On the management side, you should do a migrate export/migrate import.

Please provide the exact steps you tried and the results they provided.

0 Kudos
Constantine_Wel
Participant

We have a HA cluster R77.30, a standalone R77.30 and R80 management server. All 4 VMs are in Azure.

First of all I tried to upgrade the management server. I created a snapshot and R80 migrate export.

I could redeploy the management server with R80.10, however, I wasn't sure I could recover all the settings/policies using R80 snapshot or migrate import.

I tried to use other migrate export tools: R77.x to R80.10 and R80.10 to R80.10. However, I got an error that I couldn't use those tools because I use R80.

There's no migrate tool from R80 to R80.10. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The only way to upgrade R80 to R80.10 in general is to use CPUSE.

However, CPUSE isn't supported in Azure.

There are several scripts in https://community.checkpoint.com/community/developers?sr=search&searchId=a3dc4812-7a74-47bc-ae4b-919...‌ that can be used to migrate the configuration from R80 to R80.10.

Couple examples:

BenMorris
Employee
Employee

R80.10 AutoScale deployment still only lets you deploy R77.30.  When will R80.10 be available for the auto scale set deployment?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

When we release the images that support it Smiley Happy

I know it is in process, but do not know the exact timeframes.

0 Kudos
Amit_Schnitzer
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

If you want to learn how to implement StandAlone R80.10 - you can follow this movie I have created 

Step-By-Step guide on Securing a web server on Azure using Check Point vSEC - YouTube  

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.